Digital camera help

wnaplay1647545503

I used to be able to plug my camera into the back of my computer and be automatically prompted to load pictures. But now it doesnt prompt me although I hear the sound it makes when I make the connection. How do I find where I can load from my camera? I run windows xp. I have tried using the camera option in the control panel but my samsung camera isnt listed. My wife says sometimes it automatically prompts you others it wont.

Thanks

Windows = suckage. If you are using default windows drivers, you can set a profile for a digital cam to move pics, but when the camera is seen on a different USB port it thinks its a completely different one. This can also happen on the same port after a reboot. To get the settings back simply plug the cam in, find it within 'my computer', right click on it and hit properties. Here is where you can tell it to automatically copy or move the pics from the camera, and where they go. Once you save it unplug the cable from the camera and plug it in again, and it should fire right up.