How to clean the carbs?

Bam

I'm looking at an older bike and the guy says it runs, but needs the carbs cleaned. I've never dealt with a carb anything, so what do I do/how do I clean it?

Also, any advice on want I should keep an eye out for? I'm going to check it out on saturday, the guy lives in Xenia so its like an hour drive, but I plan to buy if it runs/looks decent.

umm you wont be happy with it...

It's $400 obo, for a running 500cc bike. I don't want it for the bike, I want it for the drivetrain to put on my shifterkart. :evilgrin:

You think that'll make me happy? lol

If you are looking for just a drivetrain, I would suggest trying to find that alone off a newer bike, so your not paying for a whole bike for just donner parts. I wouldn't know where o start looking, but i am sure you can find a lone drive train someplace.

I have a complete 78 kz650 bored to 700CC, wiseco pistons(10.25:1), andrews cams, dyna ignition, The cams need shimmed and the carbs need adjusted. I pulled it apart about 3 years ago lost interest in it. I will let that go for $500.

• 4 weeks later...
You should be able to pick up a cbr600 f2-f3 engine car kit for that price now. They use those motors alot for mini sprint cars. That would make good motor. I think i still have a 99 cbr600f4 lower end in my garage if you want to have it. missing clutch and head. pm me.