Anyone install carpet?

Skinner

I don't need to do a lot just a small patch needs replaced. had alot of hot wax spill on it and it burnt the carpet a bit plus when trying to remove it I got it a little to hot and burnt the carpet some more :doh:. ANy way I need a about a square foot cut out and piece put back in. I have scraps that will fit.

TIA.

I don't need to do a lot just a small patch needs replaced. had alot of hot wax spill on it and it burnt the carpet a bit plus when trying to remove it I got it a little to hot and burnt the carpet some more :doh:. ANy way I need a about a square foot cut out and piece put back in. I have scraps that will fit.

TIA.

I install carpet on my days off, doing it for 7yrs now.

Like Mensan said the best thing to do is try the paper bag and iron. Since you've tried this and it sounds like you may have gotten it alittle too hot.

Then you'll need a patch, first off what type of carpet is it and how old is the carpet? When i mean the type....is it a convential piece of goods (plush) or a berber (looped, patteren or California Berber).

The best thing to do is to cut it out in a square shape and iron (hot glue iron) a piece in. Now when you do this you have to realize A PATCH IS A PATCH! You will notice the patch due to the difference in wear compared to the exsisting piece and the "extra" piece for your patch. Another thing to remember is when you "patch" a piece your cutting w/ the grain and aganist the grain.....so your more than likely to see the seam, but w/ a worn piece and an extra piece your going to see the difference in wear anyway.

If your interested i can take a look at it and see what we can do.

PM me if you want to discuss it further.......

Justin

I install carpet on my days off, doing it for 7yrs now.

Like Mensan said the best thing to do is try the paper bag and iron. Since you've tried this and it sounds like you may have gotten it alittle too hot.

Then you'll need a patch, first off what type of carpet is it and how old is the carpet? When i mean the type....is it a convential piece of goods (plush) or a berber (looped, patteren or California Berber).

The best thing to do is to cut it out in a square shape and iron (hot glue iron) a piece in. Now when you do this you have to realize A PATCH IS A PATCH! You will notice the patch due to the difference in wear compared to the exsisting piece and the "extra" piece for your patch. Another thing to remember is when you "patch" a piece your cutting w/ the grain and aganist the grain.....so your more than likely to see the seam, but w/ a worn piece and an extra piece your going to see the difference in wear anyway.

If your interested i can take a look at it and see what we can do.

PM me if you want to discuss it further.......

Justin

the carpet is 4 years old and is berber. bot is not in a traffic area.

PM sent.