Michigan....

Dr. Apex

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben, I'm inclined to agree with your argument that UM, even with a loss to OSU, would still be the 2nd best team in the nation. However, traditionally, when you lose, you drop at least one spot in the polls, and usually more than that. So, even if UM is the 2nd best team, tradition would dictate that they fall out of that #2 spot in the polls, which then, in all likelihood, would remove them from the #2 spot in the BCS. Not to say that it's fair, it's just the way it usually is. Again, like I said, I'm inclined to agree with you - UM even with a loss is probably more impressive as a team than the other teams with one loss that are front-runners for the second slot in the championship game - ND (who they destroyed), USC (who's looked relatively average this year), and Florida (who has been fairly unimpressive).

Also, I'll reiterate, it just wouldn't be fair for the loser of the UM/OSU game to turn around and win the national championship after being beaten just a few weeks before by the same team.

Personally, I'd love to play ND, USC, or Florida. I'd like to play ND six or seven times a year if we could - they're so fucking overrated it's priceless. ND's defense could actually be WORSE this year, if that's possible. USC is a shell of their former selves, and I'd like nothing more that to hand them a beat down. And Florida, well, I'd love to show what a very fast, very athletic BIG TEN team is capable of doing to the best of the high-and-mighty SEC.

http://www.chinahistoryforum.com/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif

Wouldn't it just be a shared National Championship if OSU played Michigan and they both lost 1 game (Not necessarily losing the championship, really the wolverines would just be playing for part of it in Jan)?

"if osu wins it will because they played a better game, if U of M wins its cuz the refs , or the whole team and state cheatedus out of it"

True I don't want to see any posts about this shit this year. The refs are part of the game just like the umpires are in baseball. No excuses on either side. I want to see men step up and be men about their team losing. Not whinny bitches saying the game was handed to anyone. This is the biggest OSU vs "The team from up north" ever in the history of the rivalry.

Also if you are going to the game (why you didn't sell your tickets for thousands of dollars is beyond me) When you get drunk that morning act like a man and like you drank a few beers before. If the people from up north didn't make the trip down here every other year you would be sitting at home jerking off to OSU playing Wisconsin or something. SO show some Michigan fans some respect and show them some OSU class. You can have fun without being a retard. Yell and scream in the shoe like you have never screamed before and when OSU wins and you see a Michigan fan walking out tell them "great game see ya next year." instead of "Michigan fucking Sucks". If this happened more I would be behind OSU but the fans behavior keeps me away. Think of this as Troy flipping the ball to ref after he scores, that shows so much class! I remember Watching Barry Sanders do the same thing when he played for the Lions. Man it was so cool to have a player like that play for your favorite team, and I bet the players want this from their fans.....

I'm sure I will get some ignorant post after this but it is expected, but if I don't then I will be suprised and happy that OSU fans do have some class. I hope this game is everything it is supposed to be and goes into OT so people get their moneys worth. Go Bucks O-H

Wouldn't it just be a shared National Championship if OSU played Michigan and they both lost 1 game (Not necessarily losing the championship, really the wolverines would just be playing for part of it in Jan)?

You know, that's one hell of a thought - if the loser of the OSU/UM still gets in to the national championship game and then wins, then you'd have a great case for a split national championship. Of course, by contract, the one poll (USA Today, I think) has to crown the winner of the BCS title game the national champion, but the AP is under no such obligation and could make the loser of the championship game (i.e., the winner of the original OSU/UM game) their national champion, thus producing a split national championship.

And how fucking wild would that be to have not only two teams from the same conference - the Big Ten - split the national championship, but those two teams be UM and OSU? Purists may scoff at that (and, honestly, I'm not quite sure how, ultimately, I'd feel about it), but it's still an interesting scenario to ponder.

True I don't want to see any posts about this shit this year. The refs are part of the game just like the umpires are in baseball. No excuses on either side. I want to see men step up and be men about their team losing. Not whinny bitches saying the game was handed to anyone. This is the biggest OSV vs "The team from up north" ever in the history of the rivalry.

Also if you are going to the game (why you didn't sell your tickets for thousands of dollars is beyond me) When you get drunk that morning act like a man and like you drank a few beers before. If the people from up north didn't make the trip down here every other year you would be sitting at home jerking off to OSU playing Wisconsin or something. SO show some Michigan fans some respect and show them some OSU class. You can have fun without being a retard. Yell and scream in the shoe like you have never screamed before and when OSU wins and you see a Michigan fan walking out tell them "great game see ya next year." instead of "Michigan fucking Sucks". If this happened more I would be behind OSU but the fans behavior keeps me away. Think of this as Troy flipping the ball to ref after he scores, that shows so much class! I remember Watching Barry Sanders do the same thing when he played for the Lions. Man it was so cool to have a player like that play for your favorite team, and I bet the players want this from their fans.....

I'm sure I will get some ignorant post after this but it is expected, but if I don't then I will be suprised and happy that OSU fans do have some class. I hope this game is everything it is supposed to be and goes into OT so people get their moneys worth. Go Bucks O-H

I am an OSU alumni and die-hard fan. I am appalled at what I see almost every home game I attend. Unfortunately there will always be drunken, classless fans surrounding the stadium before the game, and in it during the game.

And for those of you who think that this does not include students, your dead wrong. I sat directly behind an idiot student (yes he confirmed he was a student with his Buck-ID) in the student section for the Minnesota game. He was hammered and had absolutely no interest in the fact that a game was happening 15 rows in front of him. He saw someone with a Michigan shirt on and screamed "your a fucking asshole". Then another person with a Kent State shirt on got the same abuse. In fact he never faced the field. He just stood chattering and incessantly clapping the ENTIRE first half, annoying everyone around him, until the girl next to him finally hit him and told him to shut the fuck up. He still reverted back every 2 or 3 minutes, but the rest of the crowd surrounding him joined in chastizing him until he left in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

I know this type of thing happens at other venues, in other states, but I've watched the behavior get worse and worse as "the game" is played later.

I emplore those who attend this saturday's tailgate/game to show some class, yet I realize that there is nothing any of us can do to affect it.

GO BUCKS!

I am an OSU alumni and die-hard fan. I am appalled at what I see almost every home game I attend. Unfortunately there will always be drunken, classless fans surrounding the stadium before the game, and in it during the game.

And for those of you who think that this does not include students, your dead wrong. I sat directly behind an idiot student (yes he confirmed he was a student with his Buck-ID) in the student section for the Minnesota game. He was hammered and had absolutely no interest in the fact that a game was happening 15 rows in front of him. He saw someone with a Michigan shirt on and screamed "your a fucking asshole". Then another person with a Kent State shirt on got the same abuse. In fact he never faced the field. He just stood chattering and incessantly clapping the ENTIRE first half, annoying everyone around him, until the girl next to him finally hit him and told him to shut the fuck up. He still reverted back every 2 or 3 minutes, but the rest of the crowd surrounding him joined in chastizing him until he left in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

I know this type of thing happens at other venues, in other states, but I've watched the behavior get worse and worse as "the game" is played later.

I emplore those who attend this saturday's tailgate/game to show some class, yet I realize that there is nothing any of us can do to affect it.

GO BUCKS!

I always seem to be the good friend that has to stay sober enough to control the idiot friends I have around me... which sucks but someone has to do it and I feel better about it later.

If I can prevent one fight and car flipping, I've done my job.

Goooooo Bucks!!!!

\

Yes that would hurt on top of the loss of a National Championship. I don't think OSU was in the running for a National Championship when Desmond did that. Michigan won that year which was 97 correct? So to lose the championship and see Troy pose for the Heisman would be a huge smack in the mouth IMO.

However I disagree about the Mich not being in the Nat. Championship game. I think U of M is better than FL, USC, ND and ARKS. They are at the very least the second best team in the nation. You watch, ARK will be playing OSU after they win out and win their conference. OSU will kick their ass in the Nat champ game. I believe that OSU is # 1 and U of M is #2 and if #2 loses to #1 in the last game and it is close in the end, maybe even in OT, Mich should not drop to #3 or 4. It's not like USC losing to an UNRANKED opponent. Why the fuck are they there? Mich would lose to the #1 ranked team ALL FREAKIN YEAR, OSU hasn't moved. How can USC's loss be better than U of M's loss to the #1 team? If michigan looses they will be ranked below USC watch. And that is some horseshit. College needs a tournament style end in December like the Final 4.

Spaceghost you are so right!!!!!!!

The top 32 teams in the nation should go at it!

As far as a shitty secondary for michigan..........are you guys out of your fuckin mind??????????? Leon Hall is only the best corner in the NCAA!!!!

The Michigan defense is strong especially up front........for O.S.U. to win ....it will all be on Troy Smith!!!!!!!

If Troy Runs the ball successfully..........then O.S.U will probably win :mad: ....... but that Michigan D is BAD ASS!!!!!!!!

Look for Henne to meet up with Manningham :D and of course Hart will have to have a good day :( but i honestly dont see that happening!!!!

..........Do you Buck fans remember the name Tim Biakabatuka????? :D

17-13 Michigan!!!!!!!!!!

GO BLUE !!!!

No Matter what who ever wins this game......certainly deserves the National championship! although im with spaceghost i feel both teams should have the shot since they are both the best teams in the nation.

Good luck to the buckeye fans! may the best team win!

..........Do you Buck fans remember the name Tim Biakabatuka????? :D

Oh yes, I bet Michigan will win because of someone they had more then a decade ago.

I'm not sure what I think about both teams going to the Championship game. On one hand I think it kinda puts less emphasis on the rivaled Big Game, but on the other hand it would be one hell of an ending to the season.

its not just their one loss, to an unranked team, its that they played more ranked teams that michigan did all year. michigan so far has only played one ranked team (#2 ND week 3) USC has two more games with ranked teams.

but i agree that we need a playoff system. but i dont think it will ever happen. unless someone ponies up millions of dollars for it. :(

Have you forgotten WISCONSON and IOWA was also ranked at the time!!!

Oh yes, I bet Michigan will win because of someone they had more then a decade ago.

DAH!!!!!!!

i was refering to Tim....cause no one thought that was going to ever happen then!!!!!!!!! and Mike hart has that capability.....

some people are so dense ;)

I cant even read anymore post after I saw someone say michigan had a weak secondary.

What the hell are you smoking?? Our DB's never have or will be "Weak." Everyweek I watch the game and hear them call out a diff db's name and say he is the best in the league. Just because a team or two can rack up a few passing yards against us while were asleep in the 4th quarter doesnt make us weak.

MICH= Best run def. Great Pass Def. Great smashin the QB ability. shitty passing and are 3-4 deep with great rb's. (Shitty passing because just like OSU the only way we move the ball through the air is on a deep 1 on 1 pass or a screen or easy completion that the reciever makes a big play on.)

OSU= Average defense. Good pass rush. No run game. No pass game (150-200 average yards = no pass game) Troy smith is the only playmaker OSU has anymore, and he is in the #1 position to get hurt or rattled, especially if he doesn't slide down while he's running.

OSU has pulled our card many times since Tressel came, and now you guys have to much faith. The way I look at it is, we've been a better team every year. The only difference is Tressel came into the OSU, MICH rivalry able to watch every game that Lloyd carr played against you guys. So he can tell what kinda coach he is, figure out some of his game plan. While, our coach didn't know shit about tressel who just so happens to be good. Its only a matter of time before that advantage is gone and its been a couple years now.

Mich 35-17.

OSU Running backs- Less yards then troy smith.

I cant even read anymore post after I saw someone say michigan had a weak secondary.

What the hell are you smoking?? Our DB's never have or will be "Weak." Everyweek I watch the game and hear them call out a diff db's name and say he is the best in the league. Just because a team or two can rack up a few passing yards against us while were asleep in the 4th quarter doesnt make us weak.

MICH= Best run def. Great Pass Def. Great smashin the QB ability. shitty passing and are 3-4 deep with great rb's. (Shitty passing because just like OSU the only way we move the ball through the air is on a deep 1 on 1 pass or a screen or easy completion that the reciever makes a big play on.)

OSU= Average defense. Good pass rush. No run game. No pass game (150-200 average yards = no pass game) Troy smith is the only playmaker OSU has anymore, and he is in the #1 position to get hurt or rattled, especially if he doesn't slide down while he's running.

OSU has pulled our card many times since Tressel came, and now you guys have to much faith. The way I look at it is, we've been a better team every year. The only difference is Tressel came into the OSU, MICH rivalry able to watch every game that Lloyd carr played against you guys. So he can tell what kinda coach he is, figure out some of his game plan. While, our coach didn't know shit about tressel who just so happens to be good. Its only a matter of time before that advantage is gone and its been a couple years now.

Mich 35-17.

OSU Running backs- Less yards then troy smith.

OSU has no run/pass game but still ranks #2 in the big ten in total O. Makes sense.

Average D.. Yup, #1 in the country in total points. 22 INT's, 4 returned for a score. #8 in the country on total yards.. Very average.

Let me know how much you want to put down on UM winning by more than 2 TD's.

Michigan's Run D = #1

Michigan's Pass D = #65

I hate to be the one to say it but, Michigan's pass D is not that strong Rane.

All this shit goes out the window on Saturday anyway, as history has proved.....

Can't really use that stat though IMO.. when a team can't run the ball then they pass all day long.

OSU= Average defense.

You're officially fired from all further discussions on OSU for the remainder of the year. Unless, of course, you can show me where exactly allowing only 7.8 points per game is "average" for this year in Division I-A and being tied for first (with Western Michigan, I believe) for the most takeaways is also just "average." When you've come to the conclusion you can't, smack yourself in the face with a water bong and revisit this thread in 2007.