Need Info...

31rx7

Just bought my first bike, a 1974 Honda CB750. Solid bike, has been well maintained, but shows typical wear from being 30 years old. Not perfect cosmetically, but not bad either. Has had all the expected stuff taken care of: tires, battery, carbs, valves, etc. After 30 years of racing and playing with cars, I had always wanted a bike so took the MSF course this summer and got my endorsement.

I will be spending the winter cleaning it up a bit and checking over everything. My questions are:

- What are good local sources for parts for classic bikes like these? Both new and used?

- Any recommendations on shops for service and repair?

Thanks in advance!

Rich

as far as local places, for a bike like that Iron Pony will have much of the things you need, the honda dealer is a good source. Also Dennis Kirk, I've always used their online services for the stuff I have purchased from them.

http://www.denniskirk.com Theres also a motorcycle salvage yard close to downtown, its called the rice paddy, I've used them before as well. hope this was of some use to ya.

Rick

BTW, hit ebay and get a repair manual. Leaning to do the maintenance yourself is rewarding and will save you big.

Got one from eBay, an old Clymers for about $11 shipped. Once I get a jack / stand, I will spend the winter going through all the normal maintenance items.