Winter plans

V8 Beast

After I fix the tranny I have decided to go with a 347 with forged internals (Anthony talked me into it lol). Where can I find some good deals, and hopefully order it pre-assembled??? The sites I have been looking at are up in the $5000-$6000 range.

After I fix the tranny I have decided to go with a 347 with forged internals (Anthony talked me into it lol). Where can I find some good deals, and hopefully order it pre-assembled??? The sites I have been looking at are up in the $5000-$6000 range.

Why not do something that you wanna do, dont let anyone talk you into something else. If I was you I would go with a bigger cube motor since you plan on spraying it . You can make good n/a power and great spray power. I made 500rwhp n/a on my car when I turned the timing up alittle.

I don't remember talking you into it, but it's a good idea.

Boost is good, and a forged 347 is the way to go if you wanna maintain reliability and an aluminum block without spending a kidney. Sorry Sam, the fastest cars out there aren't on the juice and don't have to be refilled every few passes with the "big jets" in :)

I don't remember talking you into it, but it's a good idea.

Boost is good, and a forged 347 is the way to go if you wanna maintain reliability and an aluminum block without spending a kidney. Sorry Sam, the fastest cars out there aren't on the juice and don't have to be refilled every few passes with the "big jets" in :)

Well so far the nitrous cars are the fastest on this site..

Brian swing out to the dyno this weekend and we will talk about some stuff.

ok so if turbo is the route someone is choosing there is no reason NOT to go stroker.

If I were you man, I would call Scoggin Dickey talk to Marty and get a 402 forged aluminum motor if you want 800ish and an iron block if more than that.

All the stock bore aluminum motors work fine up to about 25psi. Over that you can run the risk of cracking the dry sleeved ductile iron sleeve. You could pay to have the block wet sleeved which would allow you to run as much boost as you want on a half filled aluminum block.

The stroker will allow you to run a larger turbo on the street with less concern of spool time. The longer stroke increases the exhaust velocity since the piston speed is increased over a stock stroke motor at the same rpm. Also the ls2 bore is larger than a ls1 more which unshrouds the valves which allows the same heads you already have to become more efficient.

To stay 346 is just a money saving thing. But for what you can buy a complete stroker ls2 shortblock for nowadays it has kind of squashed that arguement.

Just remember it's your money and your choice. :)

I'm running a 14b turbo. I'm gonna spool at idle for a killer 60'!

No, it is a budget thing. I've already got some parts and will be doing this as a side project. If I'd wanted something "plug n' play", then yeah I'd go have someone do it for me. This is more for fun, not to beat Sam or break any records or be the fastest guy in town.

I'll just say this... The nitrous kit will be on ebay in about 3 months. I'm only going forged because I have to :cool:

Hal, after I get done I'll give you 6 cars and the jump. Unless you do what I think you are going to do... then I'll give you 2 cars :D

Oh, and Anthony didnt talk me into it. He made a suggestion and I researched it. For what I plan on doing it actually makes a lot of sense.

Wet sleeved has been considered as well, just dont know who close does that type of work.

And I'm not looking for high hp numbers. I'm focusing more on making a car that has consistent power from start to finish. I dont want a first or second half track car. Im attempting to build my car so that the power band is consistent and smooth. Its taking a lot of damn research but I'm getting some good info. Its hard to beat good ol' fashioned power, but if you're spinning your tires you're not making any power at all. So that I dont write a novel what I am saying is that I'm modding based on my habits. Its going to be designed around my lead foot, and modded to give the best performance for the way I drive.

Sam I'll holla at you. Just let me know when, the dyno is a couple minutes from my house.

Oh, and Anthony didnt talk me into it. He made a suggestion and I researched it. For what I plan on doing it actually makes a lot of sense.

Wet sleeved has been considered as well, just dont know who close does that type of work.

And I'm not looking for high hp numbers. I'm focusing more on making a car that has consistent power from start to finish. I dont want a first or second half track car. Im attempting to build my car so that the power band is consistent and smooth. Its taking a lot of damn research but I'm getting some good info. Its hard to beat good ol' fashioned power, but if you're spinning your tires you're not making any power at all. So that I dont write a novel what I am saying is that I'm modding based on my habits. Its going to be designed around my lead foot, and modded to give the best performance for the way I drive.

Sam I'll holla at you. Just let me know when, the dyno is a couple minutes from my house.

Fowler engines has the complete cnc program to darton a stock ls1 block. That is by far the most expensive way to go.

If you want a car that makes power all over the place a stroker should be considered for sure. Have Sam show you his before and after graphs.

All my plans have changed.. I want to spray the Z..

When I get my stuff I'll sell you my kit. Its a 150 shot with a purge, 2x 15lbs bottles, a gauge, and a digital nos progressive controller that can handle 2 stages. I may also be able to sell you my longtubes, heads, and cam... if I go that route. That would put you to an instant 550+rwhp with a good TB and manifold.

I know what you mean about the stroker... I have a lot to think about!

ok so if turbo is the route someone is choosing there is no reason NOT to go stroker.

If I were you man, I would call Scoggin Dickey talk to Marty and get a 402 forged aluminum motor if you want 800ish and an iron block if more than that.

All the stock bore aluminum motors work fine up to about 25psi. Over that you can run the risk of cracking the dry sleeved ductile iron sleeve. You could pay to have the block wet sleeved which would allow you to run as much boost as you want on a half filled aluminum block.

The stroker will allow you to run a larger turbo on the street with less concern of spool time. The longer stroke increases the exhaust velocity since the piston speed is increased over a stock stroke motor at the same rpm. Also the ls2 bore is larger than a ls1 more which unshrouds the valves which allows the same heads you already have to become more efficient.

To stay 346 is just a money saving thing. But for what you can buy a complete stroker ls2 shortblock for nowadays it has kind of squashed that arguement.

Just remember it's your money and your choice. :)

I just want to make sure this is posted again.

Rob, There is a few others on here that are faster then Marios car and it is a nitrous car..

No, it is a budget thing. I've already got some parts and will be doing this as a side project. If I'd wanted something "plug n' play", then yeah I'd go have someone do it for me. This is more for fun, not to beat Sam or break any records or be the fastest guy in town.

This thread is not about you....

a 14b, are you cereal? My turbo's bigger then anthonys nah nah nah nah naaaaah nah

LOL! Yeah the 347's I have seen have put up some nice numbers, and the dyno graphs look nice. I know tuning is a lot of that, but a good set-up makes a tuner look that much better :D

Quick question, milled AFR 205's or 225's with a 347 and a blower? Which one would better compliment a 90/90 combo?

Forget it! I'm just gonna go and get a viper engine. I'll relocate the engine to the back of the car and spray it with 2 stages. Then I'll change my name to "Venimous Bird" and own everyone in wonderland...

Sorry, the turkey made me type that :p