compensation for hitting a pothole?

BuckeyeGT

so im comin back from my grandma's in cleveland thursday night and i hit a huge pothole on the kinnear rd. exit ramp off 315s. i could immediately sense that the geo was fucked up. today at pepboys we raised it and see that the frame was bent where the control arm bolts up. the car was deamed scrap metal by all of the mechanics. one of them told me that you can get money from the city or state if you hit a pothole and it damages your car. anyone know more about this?

get one that says no pay unless we win! thats what i did. i never thought we would get that much but 3 weeks later i had a check for 10,000 minus fees for lawyer which was about 2000.00

i'd get a 2nd opinion on the repair work.....

if you hit a pothole hard enough to bend the frame (even a geo) it should have popped the tire and fucked up the wheel....

just an fyi

the frame was bent. i looked at it myself. it bent so easily because it was already pretty rusty.

So you fucked up a rusted out geo and want money for it?

[government] LOL. [/government]

well yea i do. i would still be driving it if i didnt hit that pothole. now i have to buy a new car. (keeping in mind the only decent LS1 in my price range around here is PEWTER). now im gonna have to buy another pos until i find a decent ls1. i trusted the city roads and they fucked me over.

Good luck. It has to have been reported at least 24 hours previously, and the city has to know EXACTLY where it is, IE "where X street and Y avenue meet" isn't good enough, they want to know which corner it is. Overpasses or bridges also won't be paid out on, otherwise the city would be out MILLIONS for the 270/Main street interchange alone....

Bear in mind that somebody would have to search for any previous reports, then authorize the pay-out. Think about bereaucrats and their attitude towards the public.