rearend.. boo

Guest 5.7

I tore the gears up in my car I believe.. I shifted into second next thing i hear is grinding.. nothing leaking, everything looked okay on the outside, so I'm guessing its missing a few teeth.. so, where is a good(reasonably)priced place to take it to have new gears put in?? assuming thats all it needs..

no it does sound like the rear end let go, i've had to rebulid alot of them because of it, better hope you didn't fuck the carryer and spider gears. if you did it would be cheeper to get one out of a junk yard or call currie and get a new 9 inch or 12 bolt.

stock rear ends for f bodies are fairly easy to find since no one wants those 7.5" pieces of shit. You should be able to buy a complete axle assembly for around 350 dollars. An aftermarket moser or currie 12 bolt will cost you over 2K with minor upgrades.

If you would like to bring it to the shop I can pull the cover and find out what is going on. If you need a carrier an auburn sells for around 400 dollars. The gears are close to 200 and install is 3hrs at 65 an hour.

Also your rear should have a torsen t2 type diff in it so no spider gears. And no one rebuilds the torsens.