LG VX8600 Cell phone

ChevyMan1972

I am getting ready to switch to Verizon in Jan and was thinking of picking up this phone. I am sick of hearing about the razor phone and was looking for something different. This phone has just about all the same features as any other phone. Is it a good choice?

Thanks,

Daniel

I just bought one on Friday. Will be about $35 out of pocket after mail-in rebate and the $100 off for renewing my contract.

I like the phone, and is easily nicer than the KRAZOR. I really liked the A990, but way too much $$.

My complaints:

- Shiny surface = smudges all over. Same for the KRAZOR though

- Its Bluetooth won't auto-connect to my Pioneer Premier Bluetooth head unit (Premier DEH-P980BT). I have to manually connect every time, which is the push of a couple of buttons. Annoying, and probably due to Verizon locking down the phone more than anything else.

- Can't transfer the phonebook to my head unit either; another feature not supported, and again probably a Verizon thing. No biggie on this one, as the voice dial feature works very well.

- Speakerphone is a bit quiet, and kind of a pain to access and use.

- No camera flash

My 2 gig Micro SD card is on the way ($38 shipped for a generic card). From what I read, this is the first LG phone to support a 2 gig card. The hidden MP3 buttons on the front of the unit are cool, screen clarity inside and outside are both fantastic. I didn't buy the music pack (I have a media reader, so don't need the USB cord, and don't want some small capacity flash card), so I haven't gotten to try out the MP3 portion yet.

It is also one of the few units that support Stereo Bluetooth, and is what sealed the deal for me. This was important, as I'll be using this as a portable MP3 player as well, both thru my H300 earpiece, and in stereo through my headunit.

someone sticky a "Contact DJ for Verizon" thread so we don't have to start a new thread every time someone wants to talk about a verizon phone.

Someone sticky a "DJ no longer works for Verizon" thread while they're at it.

:)

...Love you man.

The vx8600 is a pretty good phone from what I hear. But its so new that we havnt had a time to form an opinion on it usage wise. It usually takes a few months before we find any issues with phones and release software updates. But overall LG has a great reputation. There have been no real big complaints about LG phones (unlike motorola phones). If I was getting a phone it would be that, or the env. A few of my reps are getting that phone for family members for christmas. I say go for it.

and your still getting it through me right??

and just to let everyone know

I WORK FOR VERIZON WIRELESS!!

that is all ;)

i'm already on verizon, i have an e815, and i want a samsung sch a990 for free, what are you gonna do for me.

jk, i know that'll never happen. but seriously, that phone is the tits.

This is funny - we just went phone shopping last week. My wife bought the LG and I bought the KRZR.

Both are nice phones, but the LG has a nicer form factor, screen, and software. I would have gotten the LG over the KRZR if not for its keypad which I didn't care for, its needs an adapter for usb, its abit less rugged than the KRZR, and the fact it doesnt have a speakerphone (yet), which I need.

Other than those minor quibbles its the better phone (plus it costs less). My guess is you won't be sorry you bought it, although as said it is still very new.

I would have gotten the LG over the KRZR if not for its keypad which I didn't care for, its needs an adapter for usb, its abit less rugged than the KRZR, and the fact it doesnt have a speakerphone (yet), which I need.

Other than those minor quibbles its the better phone (plus it costs less). My guess is you won't be sorry you bought it, although as said it is still very new.

- Keypad: It is odd, but pretty easy to get used to.

- USB: Who cares; buy a $7 shipped Bluetooth dongle off of E-bay and not deal w/ any wires

- Speakerphone: Mine has one

Oh, also the VX8600's interface software is alot nicer. The menu's, layout, all of it.

(The KRZR is the better phone for me, but the 8600 is the better phone. There are other reasons I didn't list I chose the KRZR but they're not ones I expect most people to have, just peculiarities that matter to me.)

i'm already on verizon, i have an e815, and i want a samsung sch a990 for free, what are you gonna do for me.

jk, i know that'll never happen. but seriously, that phone is the tits.

hey if you need a extended life battery for your e815 I have one brand new for $30.00 reg price is 49.95

and yeah the A990 is nice but is expensive!!! dealer cost on that oh phone is well over 400 bucks! thats pda prices!

I'm a in-direct dealer just like D.J. "was" we can "typically" get you a better deal on a phone

I'm gettin getting the LG VX-9900 once it finally makes it to my store then I'm selling my beloved 9800..

But yeah the 8600 is a pretty good phone all my reps actually got that and ditched their Krzrs I'm more partial to a nice qwerty keyboard I text and e-mail way to much..