Lambo doors are a BAD idea

Guest Hal

For that rare situation, you're fucked. I remember reading somewhere a long time ago the reason for the vertical opening was because of the car being so low and wide. When in a parking space; if the doors didn't open upward, there was almost no way to get out of the car comfortably(that is with cars parked on the sides).

lets think about it realistically. if you flipped your car and landed on the roof, what do you think the chances are the body would be straight enough for the door to open

personally, i HAVE flipped a car, thru the woods, and landed on the roof....pretty much like that lambo, except it was in a 4 door 93 bmw 3.25i. once i got done rolling, the thought to open the door never crossed my mind. i unbuckled my seat belt and crawled right out the window. that car would have never had the door open again after that night

I read a similar story in which the driver made it away. I think he was a tech, but he always carried a fire extinguisher everytime he test drove a customers car. He flipped one once but had the fire extinguisher and broke the window to get out.

And what the hell is on the exhaust? Looks like the butterfly valve they have on bimmers to change backpressure throughout driving.