fender rolling help.

boosted98gst

can anyone here do great fender rolling and pulling work or know someone that can? I need my rear and front fenders rolled and pulled on my 89 240sx to fit a better offsetwheel/tire into. i can get the tool and heat gun , just need someone that has done this before without cracking the paint. and yes im paying the person.

Guest Removed

i guess im old school on doing it, ive always used a baseball bat..lol

i seen the tool eastwood made for it, is this the tool you speak of?

kind of easy too do, jack car up, remove wheel, place tool on hub, set up tool, lightly warm fender, use tool...repeat steps on the other 3 wheels...

its not going too push the fenders out. why do you need them pulled..

and first link in my sig, talk too mike

yes its the eastwood roller......i can roll it myself, but cant do the pull......but id rather just have it done by someone that knows what they are doing , The fender on the 89-94 240's do not really have room to work with nice wheels, i just need to get a 17 by 10 +12 offset in the rear, if that helps

Guest Removed

never done it pulling them, we used too screw jack on the inside where you need it pushed out, and a peice of wood , warm the fender up with the heat gun, twist the jack out(did it a lot on older novas too fit bigger tires)...i guess you could also use one of those porta powers on that same thing.

its one of those DIY things , that scare most people, if you feel ok with the fender roller, you should be fine with the fender pushing aswell. just take it slow and easy, keeping mild heat on it .(just warm too the touch) ;)

if your pulling the fenders ull need a porta power to do this. ive streached a s14's fender 1.5" on each side. it makes some sounds that make u cringe. also you will need body work done afterward as it will crease on you and damage the paint for sure. most body shops can do this for you. expect it to take 2-3 hours each side.

Guest Viruskb
The trick to not cracking the paint is to go EXTREMELY slow. Make sure the area that the roller is touching is very warm to the touch. If you have the option do it in a warm area or on a day with lots of direct sunlight. The warmer the paint the better. Just dont melt off the paint:) If you do a side in under an hour you are going way to fast.