Minimum wage question.

Buck531

I know someone will point me to some PDF or some site somewhere to read. I'm just looking for a simple answer.

One of my wife's co-workers told her that company is not liable to pay the minium $6.85 per hour IF the company doesn't make more than $250k a year. Does that make ANY sense at all? I'm too tired right now to go digging and reading into a bunch of useless crap... just looking for a quick answer.

FYI, she works for Lifestyles for Women in Westerville (the womens only fitness place) watching kids as the parents work out for a whopping $6 and hour. She's been there for a year and STILL hasn't gotten any type of raise at all. The only reason why she's still there is that the place will work around her wierd hours because of our son.

http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/compliance/whd/hrg.htm#6

(1) whose annual gross volume of sales made or business done is not less than $500,000 (exclusive of

excise taxes at the retail level that are separately stated); or

(2) is engaged in the operation of a hospital, an institution primarily engaged in the care of the sick, the

aged, or the mentally ill who reside on the premises; a school for mentally or physically disabled or gifted

children; a preschool, an elementary or secondary school, or an institution of higher education (whether

operated for profit or not for profit); or

(3) is an activity of a public agency.