2007 Ohio Street Car Shootout, gauging interest

WWD JUNK

Who would be interested in a say 60 car maximum, street car race at NRP or the like, with say a $2500 purse with $1500 to the winner. Rules will be loosely based on NMCA True Street rules with a few exceptions in terms of eliminations, and body rules. No clocks, or timeslips, just turn on the win light.

Entry fee would be around $100.

Any takers?

• 3 weeks later...
I would go watch but with street cars like Tommy and Mario have it would be a waste of gas for anything 9.00's or slower.

Thing break, people blow off the tires, in general shit happens.

Luck happens to those that go to the starting line ready to do battle

Who would be interested in a say 60 car maximum, street car race at NRP or the like, with say a $2500 purse with $1500 to the winner. Rules will be loosely based on NMCA True Street rules with a few exceptions in terms of eliminations, and body rules. No clocks, or timeslips, just turn on the win light.

Entry fee would be around $100.

Any takers?

Isnt this like "street race" Nights at Norwalk on Fridays?

im reading the true street rules now!

dO i have to have a 10.5" tire max or are my 32x14s ok,

Do they have to be dot?

and no limit on turbo size. if so i just need to get it done and get new tires and wheels!!!

This really sounds fun.

Guest kei_office_s14
i would be done but you need to have some sort of classes to divide the cars up. take the $2500 and 1250 to an unlimited class and 1250 to a street class. along with other regulations. you just cant have 60 people with cars ranging from 8.90's to 12's it just wont matter heads up if you watch "pinks" (its entertaining) you will understand. the only way a MUCH slower car will win is if the other car fully breaks if a low 10sec car blew tires it should still beat a high 11 sec car.