Need freight info on shipping motor & trans

AI Coupe

Thanks for any info you can offer...

I found a SCCA A sedan 5.0 carb spec motor and T-5 in New York at a fair price. Question: does anyone have any experience with shipping a motor and trans and what freight company might have the best price.

This doesn't have to be one or two or three days, a couple weeks would be OK I just need to get it here!

I could pick it up at any local freight terminal.

Thanks again, Ron

I have sent & recieved my old Honda B16A, shortblock, through FedEx. It cost about 200 bucks. Didn't have any problem with any kind of damage. I also sent the tranny. separtly of course. Then again your items are a little bigger then the Honda stuff.

I also received a Dodge 2.4L Turbo engine from Mexico for around $300 using either UPS or Fedex (can't remember which one). The engine was small enough they just put it in a large rubber container and zip tied the lid on and then taped it all up. May at least want to look into that.

Just for reference..I sold a t-5 to a guy in Michigan and it was going to cost about $115 to ship to him at his shop. Needless to say, he came and pickied it up. With a co-driver and a mini pickup you could make the trip in one day for less than $150 including gas and meals. That's what I'd do...but then again I'm cheap...I mean thrifty.

Give these guys a call:

USF Worldwide

646 N Cassady Ave

Columbus, OH

(614) 253-3322

They can do shipping point to shipping point or door to door. We ship our race motors with them. They are light, only about 200lbs and it costs a little over $100.

Shad