Tires for a Mustang GT

RS69

All,

I am helping my cousin decision on some tires for his 2003 GT. We recently picked up some 17 inch stock rims for it and want to know what others are using for 17 rims(tire size 245/45/17). I am thinking about the Kumho EXSTRA ASZ for him. These tires are around $91 throught Tirerack. When it comes tire to buy, I will contact Turborust(Derrick) to see what he can do locally. I have Kumho's on the Volvo and love them. My brother has Kumho's on his 911 and it sticks like glue.

What do you guys use? I am basing this on quality(good cornering during summer driving and good for winter driving), price and tire mileage.

Thanks,

kumhos are a decent tire. good cornering tire, decent tread wear. but suck for traction out of the hole.

i currently am running the michelin pilot sports and love them.

dry traction is amazing, and wet traction is just as god. havent had them in the snow at all, cause we have yet to get any.

I would run 275/40/17 all around on that 03.....

Eli should have said not all michellins are a performance tire.....

Derek should have Sumitomo HTR-Z's and BFG KDWS in that size either tire would work well in your application

Kumho tires are cheap for a reason and with tires you get exactly what you buy......