For those who didn't believe me.......

Casper

this is gonna sound like im being a hater, but i cant wait to hear those who buy it complain about the fact that it only has one button and how much touchscreen keypads suck.

i liked the prototype pic that ben posted bck when we first started talking about this, i dont like this.

this is gonna sound like im being a hater, but i cant wait to hear those who buy it complain about the fact that it only has one button and how much touchscreen keypads suck.

i liked the prototype pic that ben posted bck when we first started talking about this, i dont like this.

It doesn't have one button. It has no buttons. The power switch is a proximity switch, like on their monitors. It senses movement. You run your finger past it and it turns on/off.

Cisco entered into negotiations with Apple in good faith after Apple repeatedly asked permission to use Cisco's iPhone name," said Mark Chandler, Cisco senior vice president and general counsel, in a statement. "There is no doubt that Apple's new phone is very exciting, but they should not be using our trademark without our permission."

Apple asked, Cisco said, no....so apple took it anyways....LOL!

Looks like the name of it is going to change....

Cisco entered into negotiations with Apple in good faith after Apple repeatedly asked permission to use Cisco's iPhone name," said Mark Chandler, Cisco senior vice president and general counsel, in a statement. "There is no doubt that Apple's new phone is very exciting, but they should not be using our trademark without our permission."

Apple asked, Cisco said, no....so apple took it anyways....LOL!

Apple tried to be cool about it to avoid any complications. Cisco kept demanding too much. Cisco only has the copyright for VoIP phones. The problem here now is the copyright is locked until the court hearings. Cisco cannot expand it to cover cell phones and Apple cannot apply for the copyright for cell phones. Apple did the right thing. Now it's up to the courts who should rule in favor of Apple on this one. Apple is right, it is completely different technology. Worst case scenario Apple has to rename it.

The purchase of the phone does not included service with stinkular you still have to buy a plan AND not only that you have to get some kind of data package for the video, music ect just like a pda and Cingular does not allow insurance for their pda's I don't see why this wouldn't be any different since its actually more expensive then a pda

So you may have to deal directly through Apple if they even offer insurance; warranty replacements cannot be done at a store for this phone so I'm pretty sure you will have to deal with Apple so what it looks like to me you will be dealing with two different companies with the purchase of this phone. And we still don't know how good of a PHONE this actually is. I actually called their cust serv about this its not in the stores in Columbus yet you would have to get it online only for now.

So if you want to take the risk of buying a expensive ass phone joining a terrible provider which is cingular and take the risk of being SOL after a year or so with no insurance offered through Cingular then by all means get this phone!