Fastest FWD King of 270

Miller

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I'm the king of ws6's with busted transmissions. If you want to challenge me bring your broke car to my house. Then we will see who can push their car down the street faster!!!!

It's on, if I win you have to pay for the tow truck to and from your house :cool:

okay, so I'm new...but what's the deal with slamming fast FWD'ers ? There are plenty of low to mid 12 W-Bodies around here....I'm sure some are lurking or posting here too.

not everyone can own a RWD power car, but hey, if it gets the job done, so be it.

What am I missing? Flame suite on....

http://www.smileyhut.com/laughing/roflmao3.gif

Oh yeah, Ben trailor him over so I can hand him his ass!!! I say the first race we start from a 1 roll. First to 5mph wins!!!

This needs to be GPS verified! I don't want any discussion about someone holding at 4.8 while the other goes past and hits 5.

okay, so I'm new...but what's the deal with slamming fast FWD'ers ? There are plenty of low to mid 12 W-Bodies around here....I'm sure some are lurking or posting here too.

not everyone can own a RWD power car, but hey, if it gets the job done, so be it.

Count my better half in with a Civic that he drives daily, even in winter. His best pass was in the mid 11's though.

Oh snap-so did I! In any case-Did you miss this?

Until that thing makes some pulls on a Saturday night-its not eligible for any said list.

uh.... i have seen corey drive to national trails make some passes and drive home. It is streetable.

I don't think anybody is slamming FWDs. The FWD guys are mostly underestimating themselves. Us RWD guys are trying to tell them that they can be competitive if they want to be.

Basically we're laughing at the fact that they want a seperate catagory because THEY think they can't hang.

gotcha. sure they can and are competetive. not as many around perhaps as RWD counterparts, but here locally in I know of about 8-10 that are in the 12's and many that are in the low to mid 13's.

some may scoff at times in the 13's but even my two W-Bodies surprise many folks and having four doors and family oriented utilitarian purposes is icing on the cake :p

my 99GTP which I have at my folks in Cleveland runs about 13.3-13.5 depending on my focus at the time. my GXP hasn't been to the track as often and suffers from GM's famous Torque Management System, but still clocks in 13.7's-13.9's depending on my launch. If I could get rid of that dang TMS completely I'm sure it could do better and defintely be more consistant in the 13.7 range.

That's fine for me though as I'm not bashful about putting in a good run with anyone. I had a new body style Mustang beat me in my last run at Trails, but it was his 13.6 to my 13.8 and for him having a manual tranny and a good RWD launch, I was happy. Especially considering on the streets around here I typically don't go above 90-100mph and unless they get a great launch, it's not until then that they start to pull on me.

I don't think anybody is slamming FWDs. The FWD guys are mostly underestimating themselves. Us RWD guys are trying to tell them that they can be competitive if they want to be.

Basically we're laughing at the fact that they want a seperate catagory because THEY think they can't hang.

Exactly. The Colt may very well have been the fastest roll car on here when it was intact. So, I'm not sure why the FWD are throwing such a fit.

He hit the nail on the head. I'm merely laughing at making a category for FWD. What is next, fastest V8 270 king? Maybe fastest N/A?

Run whatcha brung.

Let's not over look the fact that low 12's is now common and low 11's and better are the cars that the list will be made of. Is this just my perception?

I'm going to assume that that list is going to consist of lots of low 10 sec cars and better.

Let's not over look the fact that low 12's is now common and low 11's and better are the cars that the list will be made of. Is this just my perception?

I thought so also. I know there are many cars below 11's, but the real question is how well do they do on the street? I think the Civic will run better on the street. He always has such traction problems at the tracks even with slicks.

uh.... i have seen corey drive to national trails make some passes and drive home. It is streetable.

Reading comprehension is not your strong point is it?

Until that thing makes some pulls on a Saturday night-its not eligible for any said list.

I am not talking about nursing a car down the road to the track-I am talking about bringing it out on the weekend, and racing people where racing began, on the street. Until then-he can not and will not be considered for any "list"