66 Cobra goes for 5.5 million.

HAOLE

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
190mph? That car wouldn't go that fast without a fixed roof according to everything that i have heard. That is why they built the Daytona coupe , for top end speed.

then call carrol up and call him a lier.....

Supercars.net states that the Cobra has a top speed of 165mph. Carroll has already proved that he likes to tell some tall tales. Do you think that car could do 190? Do you think a 85 year old man with 5 transplant surgeries and carrying a flask of his favorite beverage in his shirt pocket could ever drive any car that fast now?

I was wondering because one of my neighbors has one and he claims the factory five ones are junk and his is one of the "real" ones also......RIIIIIGHT! :rolleyes:

The last real one I knew of in Ohio was owned by a guy in Dayton. That is the one I sat in 20+ years ago.

Sunset Ford in St. Louis has an original 427 that they raced back in the 60's sitting in the showroom. I walked into the showroom and could not believe it. The car was just sitting over in a corner, with a book on a table showing the cars racing history

I have seen around 1000 Cobras in my life. Only 1 time have I even seen an original one. That one was brought in on a trailer from Shelby American at the third London Cobra show. It was a one time race car, and it looked the part. It was rough. I usually tell people how to tell the original ones from the replicas. The replicas look like show cars.

Supercars.net states that the Cobra has a top speed of 165mph. Carroll has already proved that he likes to tell some tall tales. Do you think that car could do 190? Do you think a 85 year old man with 5 transplant surgeries and carrying a flask of his favorite beverage in his shirt pocket could ever drive any car that fast now?

For some reason, yes.

Guest Removed
For some reason, yes.

agreed. i believe they're ahellofalot faster then 165mph....

not that long ago he was beating on one of the new shelbys (like the one in triple X), if i remember right, he takes a drink from is majic flask, hops in the car like a 29 year old and drives that bitch like no one else has. and after he does a series of doughnuts in the center of the track, he signed it.

And true alot where race cars, but if you read the add on barrett, this was one that went on tour and not racing. when it got back, it and one other car was built into super snakes( hence the high rise heads, cross ram dual 4 intake and twin super chargers). the other car sold, and of course was totalled.

so maybe it was only 188 or so.

Did you read the other posts in this thread? The car is geared for 188mph....

Did you read the other posts in this thread? The car is geared for 188mph....

You dont seem to get it, this is not a regular Shelby Cobra. This is an 800hp 2 off car, with only this one surviving. It is most definitely geared for more than 188.

It is possible with 800 hp. Still the aerodynamics have to put a limit on top end somewhere. There is a guy with a kit in Germany that has 1300 hp. He claims it will go from 0-300kmh in something like 10 seconds. I would post the story , but I do not know how to link to it. The story is ove ron http://www.ffcobra.com and look under the roadster forum.

I've seen a couple real Cobra's at the BR vintage race at RA. I saw one get into a pile up at that race, needless to say a fight broke out right after the wreck between the drivers.

I would be throwing fist too!!

What I find funny is this is now the only car with that set up, since the other one was destroyed, and it sold for 5.5 Million. Where a few years back a believe it was a 1968 'Cuda Convertable, one of 16 made, sold for either 11 or 13 Million. I believe they say there is only 8 that are accounted for, one has been destoryed and the others are un-accounted for.

What I find funny is this is now the only car with that set up, since the other one was destroyed, and it sold for 5.5 Million. Where a few years back a believe it was a 1968 'Cuda Convertable, one of 16 made, sold for either 11 or 13 Million. I believe they say there is only 8 that are accounted for, one has been destoryed and the others are un-accounted for.

No Hemi Cuda Convertable has sold for $11 or $13 million ANYWHERE.... :rolleyes:

The previous record was $4.1 million....

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnnm/070122/012007_scottsdale_saturday_roundup.html?.v=1

You dont seem to get it, this is not a regular Shelby Cobra. This is an 800hp 2 off car, with only this one surviving. It is most definitely geared for more than 188.

Would you please do the damn research before you post.

The car is not a normal Shelby 427 AC Cobra, WE KNOW THIS. The originals were only geared for around 160mph back then. This car WITH IT'S CURRENT GEARING WILL ONLY DO 188mph AS IT SITS! It's a 3-speed AUTO which did not come in the regular cars.

I have seen this car in person, I know WTF I'm talking about....

I've seen a couple real Cobra's at the BR vintage race at RA. I saw one get into a pile up at that race, needless to say a fight broke out right after the wreck between the drivers.

thats what he gets for bein stupid enough to race an original. he outa be shot.

Would you please do the damn research before you post.

The car is not a normal Shelby 427 AC Cobra, WE KNOW THIS. The originals were only geared for around 160mph back then. This car WITH IT'S CURRENT GEARING WILL ONLY DO 188mph AS IT SITS! It's a 3-speed AUTO which did not come in the regular cars.

I have seen this car in person, I know WTF I'm talking about....

Can you prove this on any level?

I'm not about to go through a couple hundred pictures, have them scanned into the computer just to prove shit to a 17-year old kid that lives at home with his parents that I have seen a car....please! :rolleyes:

It was at the Shelby meet in Dallas if you are really that concerned....

I wish I could find the pics. There is a pic of an original Cobra and 10-12 other historic cars { 69 z28 , mid year vettes} involved in a crash at some historic races last year. The pics were also on http://www.ffcobra.com somewhere. It might have been on club cobra instead. I will try to find it.

I'm not about to go through a couple hundred pictures, have them scanned into the computer just to prove shit to a 17-year old kid that lives at home with his parents that I have seen a car....please! :rolleyes:

It was at the Shelby meet in Dallas if you are really that concerned....

You obviously dont know who I am because I have ONE PARENT, and am less than a week from turning 18. Also, what 17 year old doesn't live with his parents who isn't a high school dropout who sells drugs and/or stolen items.

In conclusion, LookAtMeIWackOffToBusasMan, not only are you ignorant, you are a dumbass.

Now can you prove it, or not?