should i be offended?

Guest ajp240

someone on this site offered to straight up trade me their $1500 (blue book) car for my miata.. :mad: talk about lowballing.... :mad::mad:

i tried my best to send a nice PM reply but seriously.. :rolleyes:

is extreme lowballing a common thing around here? ugh.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know who it was, but can you prove your car is worth $1500? (And KBB is no excuse)

Hell when I was shopping for a car, I almost picked up a white Miata for $1000.

no, HIS car is worth $1500. :rolleyes: he didnt give me any details about his car so i didnt know if it was worth anything more than that.

i know kbb isnt totally accurate, but my car is worth over $3k more than that.

my car is definitely worth more than $1500, ha! the hardtop itself is almost worth that much. i've had people offer me $1200 for the top.

there were only 1500 of my car made, so some people are willing to pay a few extra dollars for it. :rolleyes:

Wow, how old are you? I pmed you to see if you'd be interested in a trade. I didn't mention or not if I'd throw in money or anything, I just was inquiring first. This is amazing.

yeah it IS pretty amazing. sorry for it getting out of hand, i was just pretty offended, especially because it's my new baby and i love it. it just sucks when you think someone thinks your car is worth a lot less than you value it. :(

yeah it IS pretty amazing. sorry for it getting out of hand, i was just pretty offended, especially because it's my new baby and i love it. it just sucks when you think someone thinks your car is worth a lot less than you value it. :(

I was asking you a question to see if you'd be interested in even owning this make or model of car and then go from there. It's kinda funny to know there's people in this world who would get upset over something this rediculous.

If you think your Miata is something that special then you havn't seen many cars.

Unfortunately, reality sometimes sets in and our cars arent worth as much as we always think they are. Ive seen mikehaze make deals on this site, and I dont think he would lowball. Quite frankly, to be honest, a car as old as that might make a fair deal. Sorry to say.

When it all comes down to it, no one else will care how much someone has offered you for your top.

your car is worth nothing unless someone is willing to write you a check for what you want, or to trade you something of equal value to you.

economics 101.

quoted for truth.

the value of a car that you own is different than the value of a car you are about to purchase.

everyone wants something for nothing, and everything for what for what they have.

KBB is something for people to use as a pry as well as ebay is.