Fraud Email

Dr. Apex

I just got a reply from Paypal that the email I had received recently was fraud.

The email appears to be legit in it's appearance and supposedly links to a site that looks identical to Paypal's site and asks to update your personal info like bank account, social, etc...etc...

If you have Paypal and get an email from "Paypal Security Center" report it to Paypal right away. I almost fell into it and on a hunch went directly to Paypal's site and asked them if this email was legit, they said no.

I've seen it a hundred times before, but this email looked identical to their site and it was worded well. The actual email I got from paypal said they've had a lot of problems with this one and mine has been added to a long list of members accounts being added to the investigation.

Phishing? Is that like when Trey Anastasio reaches into your pocket and tries to rob you of $300 to get tickets to their shows (when they still were together)?

Very similar. Either way you got ripped of.

I just got a reply from Paypal that the email I had received recently was fraud.

The email appears to be legit in it's appearance and supposedly links to a site that looks identical to Paypal's site and asks to update your personal info like bank account, social, etc...etc...

If you have Paypal and get an email from "Paypal Security Center" report it to Paypal right away. I almost fell into it and on a hunch went directly to Paypal's site and asked them if this email was legit, they said no.

Yeah...how about my dumbass roommate decided it was a smart idea to comply with the email and give them her debit card account # and also her social security number...then National City called her to confirm if she took out $900 for western union...luckily they caught it on time...

but still theres no cure for being a complete DUMBASS! :slap:

Yeah...how about my dumbass roommate decided it was a smart idea to comply with the email and give them her debit card account # and also her social security number...then National City called her to confirm if she took out $900 for western union...luckily they caught it on time...

but still theres no cure for being a complete DUMBASS! :slap:

Shit just happens sometimes too. Even the best can be fooled once in a while or make a mistake. It sucks that we have to be on the defensive all the time these days, your never safe.