Ultimate brake kit wadday think?

Guest 00Smurf

Guest 00Smurf

I need to replace the brakes on the 325. I have just enough to get this kit. is it worth it? It seems like everything is on the level. I'd never heard of zimmerman rotors though?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E30-Ultimate-Brake-Kit-325-Ceramic-Pads-Pad-Sensors_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQihZ015QQitemZ250077828089QQtcZphoto

It's hard to tell sometimes on ebay what can be good legit stuff or not. I raced my Laser on basic PBR pads last year and they were ok, there are much better pads out there.

Do some research on the rotors, I've seen many off-brand cross-drilled rotors crack too easily.

The PBR Ultimate pad has a fairly high initial bite. I used them to Auto X this year. I liked them, but without ABS it was a hard pad to modulate the brakes with.

I had the regular ones and they were sluggish though seemed to take the abuse I gave them.

Are you planning on taking the car to a track?? If so you might want to look at some Carbotech's or something along that line for pads.

Guest 00Smurf
I had the regular ones and they were sluggish though seemed to take the abuse I gave them.

Are you planning on taking the car to a track?? If so you might want to look at some Carbotech's or something along that line for pads.

As of this moment no. Its my only transportation. Later on in the summer definatly.