Could you pass this 1954 8th grade test?

HAOLE

I don't know any adults myself that could pass this!

http://www.rense.com/pgs/page_01.jpg

http://www.rense.com/pgs/page_02.jpg

http://www.rense.com/pgs/page_03.jpg

http://www.rense.com/pgs/page_04.jpg

http://www.rense.com/pgs/page_05.jpg

http://www.rense.com/pgs/page_06.jpg

"Does a dictator consider the welfare of the people?"

Haha can someone tell me what iceberg that was the tip of, considering it's actually wrong.

All in all, I think I could've done pretty well on that test. I couldn't tell you all the members of the Cabinet now, but I could do pretty well and considering I haven't studied the Constitution, I think a couple hours dedicated to memorizing this stuff wouldn't be hard.

They're in 8th grade, all they do is go to school and play. If that's all I had to worry about in life then yeah I could study for a year and pass that test. Oh and that kid was probably the one nerd of the class, everybody else probably got ~70%

I hope it would not take a whole year for you to pass that test.. :D

Too bad we spend too much time on "self esteem" issues, cultural indoctrination and other assorted bullshit and not enough learning about our own country/history (and math & science)and how it is supposed to be run - by the people!

A recent study showed american kids had a high view of themselves - but no knowledge to back it up, several asian countries' kids didn't have that high of an opinion of themselves, but kicked ass on math and science.

Hmmmm, domestic automakers hovering in and out of banktuptcy, asian auto manufacturers seemingly not having problems.... coincidence???

Too bad we spend too much time on "self esteem" issues, cultural indoctrination and other assorted bullshit and not enough learning about our own country/history (and math & science)and how it is supposed to be run - by the people!

A recent study showed american kids had a high view of themselves - but no knowledge to back it up, several asian countries' kids didn't have that high of an opinion of themselves, but kicked ass on math and science.

Hmmmm, domestic automakers hovering in and out of banktuptcy, asian auto manufacturers seemingly not having problems.... coincidence???

QFT

other than listing names, it doesn't look tooooooooo hard.

something sick and twisted to think about, the teacher that graded that paper.... even if she was freash out of college is probably dead now or in a retirement home.

That test is not a challenge. Every answer on there is an answer you could memorize. There are no questions that require the student to apply their knowledge.

Could I pass it right now? No, of course, but if you gave me a couple of days to prepare I could ace it.

There has been a new focus put on math and science in our schools. However, our students still lag way behind the world in knowledge of the rest of the world and history.

We are the best at "self esteem" though! lol

Political Correctness and Liberal agendas are killing our country. This illustrates it perfectly.

Good post/thread!

i think the best example of the 'self esteem' issue is right here in this thread - how many people idly sit and think they could have easily passed that test, or think that they know most of the answers

i'm in law school and that test would have kicked my ass

...itd take more than a few days to memorize all of that and keep it straight

ever try to memorize all of the amendments?

they get muddied up after a while

We had a test almost identical to that in my 8th grade year, only we had to know the order of all the presidents, and the dates they were in office as well.

Could I do it now again? HELL NO. Thats not the point though, it's a test of what you know at the time. No one practices this knowledge outside of schooling so it's not something us as adults are immediatly going to be able to produce an answer for.

As well, some of those questions are severly subjectable, of which, a multitude of answers are possible and right.

The point of this post was to show how the school systems have dumbed down the standards in our public schools. I went to the "Fine" Columbus Public Schools at NO TIME were we required to have that type of understanding of the functioning of our government. Even in my 12 th grade Government class, we did not have this sort on knowledge being required.

I think that the schools have changed the focus of education. From the three "R's", to focusing on the proficiency test. At least we are producing great people for the "Jay walking" segment on the Leno show.