EVO VS STi

Guest Hal

I'm looking into leasing a new car when I get back this summer and I've narrowed it down to either an evo or an sti. I obviously won't be modding this since it is a lease. It's going to serve as a daily daily driver so the cobra can sit for a while. I'd also like to buy it out at the end for my baby. So, what are the pros and cons of these cars in a purely daily driver sense. Thanks in advance guys.

Have you looked into the lease prices for these cars?

I believe to lease an evo its about $700 per month. It can be bought for less.

If your not gonna mod at all get the STI, and this is from a evo driver

If you are gonna mod get the evo.

I believe to lease an evo its about $700 per month. It can be bought for less.

They must be assuming that resale value is going to be shit on EVO's, although that's not at all what I've seen. Sounds like some not very smart people are getting raped on their leases. I'm surprised that's even legal to do.

A little background on my EVO. I purchased it in Feb 2004. It is almost ready to turn over 60,000 miles. I drive in every day to work, round trip is about 60 miles.

Here are my thoughts on an the EVO. The biggest issue with them is the cost of maintenance. Some examples of this. The stock tires will not last a year. Plus if it is a daily you will have to purchase a set of winter tires because the stock tires are completely undrivable in the cold. Another big expense is brakes. I know several people that have EVO's and you will be lucky if you can get 30,000 miles on a set. Parts for my last break job was a little over $1,000.

All that said I would not trade my EVO for anything. It makes me look forward to driving to work everyday and that is saying a lot.

As far as an STI goes, I have never even ridden in one so I do not have an opinion.

STi has a really smooth ride, so I think that would be the choice for a car that is going to be daily driven. I rode with a guy in one at the Autocross Fun Event, and it felt like the car had no body roll at all, and that I was the only weight shifting in the turns.

If you are going for moddability however, I think the Evo is the choice.

I would lease neither, I would lease a Lexus IS. When he gets back the car he would be leasing is the NEW STI which will be a hatch most likely or a EVO 10 both fell down the ungly tree and hit every limb on the way down.

Here is the 08 Impreza built on the Legacy platform and being built in Lafayette. The STI is rumored to only be in this hatch form and comes out Feb 2008. Which makes sence since Citroen has been kickng the shit out f Subaru and so has Ford with their smaller cars in WRC. I'm going to be a Lexus Person Soon.

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/695/2008wrx1id1.jpg

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/2199/2008wrx2hm4.jpg

Here comes the early 80's again people, cars are going to start comming down in performance again. Gas milage is going to be king again.

I love my Evo. The dealership showed me lease options even though I said I never would and it worked out to about 650/mo with 2k(ish) down. 3k down on a buy monthly was a bit over 600/mo. I put a good amount down and got my rate down to 6.1% and pay just over 500/mo buying it.

I test drove a few STis but I am a mitsu kid.

Judging by most of the things I've heard, I'll probably go with the STi. That is assuming I can pick up something that is NOT the '08 platform. I'll have to drive both obviously, but since this will probably end up as a girl's daily I'll want it to be comfortable for her.

Mowgli, Ambien works pretty well. The only problem I've found is that it can be hard to get to sleep if you took it before you were ready to sleep. It acts as a narcotic and for me if it gets me too far into the "high" stage, I will have trouble falling asleep. It will keep you out for about 8hrs and after a few mins you aren't groggy at all.

Judging by most of the things I've heard, I'll probably go with the STi. That is assuming I can pick up something that is NOT the '08 platform. I'll have to drive both obviously, but since this will probably end up as a girl's daily I'll want it to be comfortable for her.

If it is for her she will not drive it. The STI still has a very hard suspension. Most women do not like the ride in a STI. My wife bitches all the time.

I know she loves the ride of the cobra, so, I'm hoping it won't be much stiffer than that. Worrying about her not wanting it at the end is one reason I'm set on leasing. Hopefully it'll give us enough time to decide if she'll want to keep it.

Personally I like the looks of the evo better. I went and sat in both today and my shoulders don't really fit in an evo. Looks like I'll most likely be getting an sti.

LOL Brian, I keep telling her she'll have to drive the car she has for the rest of her life.

date her for another 4 years, then another 4 years, then see if you want to get married. You're too young to have some woman telling you what to buy.

this is one thing i cant stand.... i am engaged at the age of 18....i hate it when people pull this shit.....how about you know the 2 people before opening your mouth. Hal and Ashley are a great couple and i see good things in their future.