anyone good with computers?

TEXASS

i got this Emachine at best buy about 6 months ago and i fuck it up, they earsed everything, and i'm trying to get my wireless working again. the wirless card is there but the computer thinks its not there. can anyone help me?

In device manager if the device has a yellow icon on it do as Vince says and install the drivers for the device.

If the drivers are installed and it will not work, try turning on Windows Zero Wireless service in the services section.

Once that is done go into the network connections right click on the wireless and go to properties. Click on the wireless tab and check the box that says use windows to configure your connection.

Then from network connections again click on the icon and click view wireless connections.

Choose your connection enter your key code or pass phrase and your in there like swimware.

Install the drivers for the card. Find out the make and model of the card, then do a Google search, "Brand X Model X driver".

^This is the solution, almost all wireless cards now you have to load the drivers from the CD first before you put the card in. Remove the card, load the drivers then put the card back in and reboot. the card should work.

its not to close,wuts a ssid?

Service set identifier. AKA the name you gave your router. For example the default for a linksys router is linksys. Many times people will try and connect to someone else's connection and wonder why it sucks or why the can't get online.

When you look at the wireless list how many networks do you see? Are you sure you are connecting to your router? Also if you are using a key or pass phrase are you sure you are using the right one? Try setting it up as an open network and see if that fixes the connectivity issue. If that fixes it go back in and reset up your settings. Also are you using the same wireless card? If not log into the router and see if Mac filtering is set up.

You can hit me on aim for further trouble shooting if you would like. Id is in my profile.

When you look at the wireless list how many networks do you see? Are you sure you are connecting to your router? Also if you are using a key or pass phrase are you sure you are using the right one

that could be it i'll try that

well i did have the wrong network key,but it still does the same thing, flashes that i have a signal and couple seconds later it say i dont and repets it self, do you think its the card?

hard reset the router with the little tiny button it.

Uninstall and reinstall the card. Try again