"spring release"

undr_psi

Im posting these pics for rob (remracing). it's not my car so i cant freely give out details. the car is a 1986 camaro v-6 auto. dead v-6 was pulled and replaced with a v-8..again cant give details w/o permission..and we switched to a manual tranny. pic are kinda old and maybe a bit big..sorry. ill psot some more recant pics when i can take some. car will be going under the spray gun soon and getting new wheels and tires. also the hood now sports a small 2.5 inch cowl

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/standardsta2003/robscar3.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/standardsta2003/HPIM0139.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/standardsta2003/HPIM0138.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/standardsta2003/02-08-2007050206PM.jpg

to the untrained eye yes but if you know what your doing its very easy to tell. :)

its just another SBC, not thats a bad thing.

Haha. I would put my old-school small block knowledge up against most folks around. And I will maintain, that from the single engine pic shown, it can be something other than a 350-block-based small block.

Having said that, it still strikes me as a 13/14-second 3rd gen.

:)

Haha. I would put my old-school small block knowledge up against most folks around. And I will maintain, that from the single engine pic shown, it can be something other than a 350-block-based small block.

Having said that, it still strikes me as a 13/14-second 3rd gen.

:)

Yes it could be a 400, or even 355... but 400 blocks that are useable are becoming few and ar between, so CHANCES are, its not one of those. It could be a 355, but if you build it up over 400 you have to machine holes between the cylinders to vent steam, just like the factory 400's had... so why waist time doing that? Thus, I assume that its someone who knows what theyre doing, and has exceded the 400ci mark, and went with the better platform, the 350.

Yes it could be a 400, or even 355... but 400 blocks that are useable are becoming few and ar between, so CHANCES are, its not one of those. It could be a 355, but if you build it up over 400 you have to machine holes between the cylinders to vent steam, just like the factory 400's had... so why waist time doing that? Thus, I assume that its someone who knows what theyre doing, and has exceded the 400ci mark, and went with the better platform, the 350.

I know where several 400s are right now. but yeah if you go to a junkyard looking for a 400 sbc you will be laughed at. My nieghbor had one in his s10 was punched out to 406. thing was a complete animal.

Dude, what most people call a "355" IS a 350 block. There are countless combinations of bores, strokes, machining, parts etc. to turn ANY SBC into almost ANY cubic inch.

Some of my best times spent in garages have benn showing "know-it-all" ricers my stock 283 small block. Funny thing is that over the years, that 283 has been everything from a 307 to something north of 390ci. :)

My only point was that the "big secret" engine could be anything from a 13,000 rpm destroked screamer, to a 454ci and above. However, my guess is a steel-headed, street-cammed, 10:1 355. Guess we'll find out in the spring. :)

Guest Removed
either way, assuming its a 350 block, it could be as big as 482ci... so a picture doesnt really tell you much.

umm you can see the difference in a tall deck sbc with a raised cam.so i dont think its a 400 plus ci motor.

could be a 305 with paint and a intake, but who knows.. :confused:

and vinny, ill take you up on the sb challange...jbring it.

I have one stock block, crank , rods ,pistons and head castings... went 12s N/a..in a 3000lbs s-10

or is this car something that should be feared too rule the streets this year?