Snow plow crew PT2

Sam1647545489

Here is the break down of how the snow plowing went for anyone thinking about doin it.

Get up Tuesday morning / Monday night at 3am.

Start plowing at 3:30 am

Stop for food at 7am

Continue to plow while eating

Lunch at 2

Continue plowing till 11pm tuesday night

Go home and sleep till 4am wednesday morning / tuesday night

Start plowing again.

Plow till 10:30pm wednesday night

Come home and sleep

Wake up 5am thursday morning

Plow till 1pm thursday

I finally am done for awhile. But I know I will be back out this weekend since we are suppost to get more. I went through 2 plow pump @ 450$ a piece. Broke 1 line and 1 spring on the plow. Broke tranny line on truck. 8 qts of tranny fluid. 250$ of gas. 3 skids of salt with 49 50# bags per skid. 10 bags of calcium. Spent over 45 hrs in the truck plowing and with less then 15 hrs of sleep. Needless to say my back is alittle sore, my ass hurts from all the sitting and I need a shower in a serious way...

Just got in from plowing it is now friday morning roughly 2ish. I have been out for the past three days and nights and only had 7 hours of sleep. A customer of mine decided to give me 9 commercial trucking company lots in hilliard and groveport.

Had to buy new snow blower $1016.00. New salt spreader, $1463.00.

Two bobcat rentals, $900.00

Gas ?(I dont even wanna look at my receipts).

Salt, $3000.00

Calcium, $500.00

Hired help $2,500.00

Knowing that I just spent $8k and Will still make well over 10k in profit....Priceless.

So do you guys go by contracts or hourly rate? Aslo is there a set amount of snow that must fall before going out to plow?

Read the other post. Linv5.0/erik was kind enough to explain some of the in's and out's of his buisness.

Sound's like a hell of alot of work, at least you made some good money though.