ls1 slp headers

Brandon

We have some SLP long tube 1 3/4" long tubes here at the shop, they are used but in good shape. these need to go quickly. $300 . These need moved quickly for space reasons.

http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/7/2/13/t_DSCN0149m_bf302ac.jpg

and the link to there site http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=30053

Yes apparently we found have the y pipe here as well. Powers do you have the correct link, I just kinda took a stab at it, as I was told it was SLP and the pictures are similar.

Slp no lnger sells those headers. If I remember the ones you have are Mel's old ones that had an exhaust leak and the bottoms were so scrapped so thin that you could punch a screw driver through them.

When those were new they sold for around 450 dollars. In their current condition I would say they are worth 50 dollars.

Slp no lnger sells those headers. If I remember the ones you have are Mel's old ones that had an exhaust leak and the bottoms were so scrapped so thin that you could punch a screw driver through them.

When those were new they sold for around 450 dollars. In their current condition I would say they are worth 50 dollars.

ok thanks.

They are scratched at the bottem but I didnt really look it over that throughly. Ill check them out and repost.

ok thanks.

They are scratched at the bottem but I didnt really look it over that throughly. Ill check them out and repost.

I wouldnt consider the bottem to be as thin as described, they are scratched up but not near leaking.

100 obo

I wouldnt consider the bottem to be as thin as described, they are scratched up but not near leaking.

100 obo

They were leaking when on Mel's car thus why he opted to pay over a thousand dollars to buy new ones and have them installed. It was hindering him from getting a solid tune since the AR was all over the place.

Just trying to provide information about the product being sold since I have first hand knowledge of the condition of the part when it was last used.

best of luck with the sale.

They were leaking when on Mel's car thus why he opted to pay over a thousand dollars to buy new ones and have them installed. It was hindering him from getting a solid tune since the AR was all over the place.

The headers were leaking slightly from the gaskets, nothing at all to do with the sratches on them from hanging down low. Mel purchased new headers because he lives in German Village and almost every street/alley is brick or cobblestone and they scraped all the time. Problems with leaking or any sort of tuning issues had NOTHING to do with it. The exahust leak was simply a matter of tightening them down or replacing the gaskets. The SLPs are universally known to hang down pretty low and Mels set is no different. The "damaged" area is sratched and slightly dented -- thats it. The headers themselves caused zero tuning issues at all and nor would they to anyone else that would install them.

If anyone would like validation of any of this info I just spoke to the original owner and he would be more than happy to confirm. I can email detailed pics of them top to bottom or stop by and check them out in person anytime you want :)

Jeff

Guest powers
The headers were leaking slightly from the gaskets, nothing at all to do with the sratches on them from hanging down low. Mel purchased new headers because he lives in German Village and almost every street/alley is brick or cobblestone and they scraped all the time. Problems with leaking or any sort of tuning issues had NOTHING to do with it. The exahust leak was simply a matter of tightening them down or replacing the gaskets. The SLPs are universally known to hang down pretty low and Mels set is no different. The "damaged" area is sratched and slightly dented -- thats it. The headers themselves caused zero tuning issues at all and nor would they to anyone else that would install them.

If anyone would like validation of any of this info I just spoke to the original owner and he would be more than happy to confirm. I can email detailed pics of them top to bottom or stop by and check them out in person anytime you want :)

Jeff

I hope the buyer is happy with them since you say they are fine.

Good luck with the sell.

Guest powers
With your ringing endorsement I am sure the "Sell" should go quite well...

Why not offer a guarantee that they do not leak then? That way they can get their money back for the headers and some back for the hassle.

Since the headers were mine, figured I'd post here... I wanted different headers because they hung down too low and scraped on bumpy roads. No problem if our roads were maintained, but, since our taxes seem to go for other things, I got tired of scraping. To my knowledge, there is a dent in one side, but no leak or hole. There was a leak where they bolted up in the engine compartment, but that seemed to be a gasket issue, not the headers themselves. The remainder of my exhaust leak problem had nothing to do with the SLP headers - it was dang near every component that the previous owner had jury rigged beyond the headers, thus, my decision to have IPS do the entire exhaust system. I went with Kooks headers, they tucked up real nice under the WS6.