I need to find a car for my wife

Guest spydercolt8

Guest spydercolt8
My wife wrecked her car last Saturday night. it's totaled. so i need to find another one for her. it wouldn't be a big deal but I'm in Iraq and it makes it hard to help her as much as i would like. what kinda cars would everybody suggest for around $7K. she wants a four door, auto. nothing big but not a tiny car. she had a 2000 grand am, she liked the size of it.

any subaru

toyota camry, avalon, matrix/pontiac vibe (same thing)

nissan altima, maxima

I would almost suggest an accord, but people want too much for honda's when you can get a toyota at the same quality level and nearly the same fuel milage for less cost. Plus hondas are completely bland.

I'm a bit biased - I've never owned a fwd in my life, and generally have been a toyota nazi truck owner. I just picked up a WRX and love it, its such a huge improvement over fwd, but has far less traction issues in bad weather than rwd.

I guess my top picks would start with the AWDs, subaru impreza or forrester, or a matrix/vibe. Next tier would be the toyotas, then the nissans.