Engine building school/classes?

hpfiend

Hey all,

Does anyone know of a class or set of classes that will teach you hands on how to build a high performance engine? (Preferably domestic v8s) My dad and I are looking for a class of that type- Should we look at ohio state mechanical engineering or columbus state or is there some sort of school like hobart welding school?

Thanks!

Andrew

SAM

School of Automotive Machinist partakes in the engine builders challenge most years.

There really isn't a performance engine building course anywhere in Columbus that I am aware of.

Mech engineering at OSU has nothing. CSCC also won't have what you're looking for. If you're a student at OSU you can get in touch with CAR (center for automotive research) and they should have something you'll want (not V8 though). You can join the Formula Buckeyes (again, if you are a student in any major). They build a formula 1 car from the ground up and race it.

Or, go to a junk yard and pick up some V8. Take it apart and learn without a class. Get the proper tools for measuring and learn the procedures with that. RESEARCH EVERYTHING YOU CAN. It will take longer than a class would, but you'll still learn.

Just thinking here...

Get in touch with the Continuing Education department at CSCC and the Automotive department. If you can prove your case and show you would have substantial interest they may create a course for it. I know last year they were considering these types of classes, but, they were put on the back burner.

For Continuing Ed. I'm not quite sure who you should contact. My dad would be a good one, but he is in the hospital and I don't know when he'll return. I would suggest Jan Wagner as a point of initial contact. For Auto. Andy Rezin is who you'll want if he is still there.