wtb: MIG/Flux Welder

exSRAaron

Harbor Freight has cheap welders

Harbor Freight is great for people who need spceialty tools that are used very rarely. However, things like a welder and such - you get what you pay for. Hoestly, pay a little more and get a good welder. Or, for the same money as a new "Chicago Tools" welder, you can buy a good used Lincoln or Hobart. I think Miller is the best, but they are pricey and for the average Joe guy out there, Lincoln and Hobart are nice because they have parts and supplies readily available at most places like Home Depot, Lowes, TSC, etc.

mind ur own business! :D

That looks pretty nice. Have you tried any Aluminum welding with it?

The Hobart is what I have and I like it a ton. When you use gas (Needed with aluminum) it makes the welds so much nicer and is actually easier to use in making a good weld.

The Flux stuff is nice for quick fixes and stuff that you never usually see the weld. I'm not great by any means, but I have a buddy who has been to enough welding classes and has pretty much every Miller welder and cutter they make. He's got more welders and cutters than an Indy Car Team has in their shop....

I like my Hobart 140 or 135... can't remember what kind it is without going out to the garage and looking. But, I've built my old rock-crawler 4x4 with it and it does a GREAT job. It is a Miller with a different cover (Hobart), even has Miller stamped on the inside guts and the gun!

Like Lizard said, add some argon gas to it and it makes some nice welds!

That HF stuff is junk.. only thing I get there is cut off wheels, and grinders.

i have a hobart 180 and love it..its a 220v machine so it may be a little overkill for you but i'm not sure what all you plan to weld. i also have a miller spectrum 375 plasma cutter and anything miller/hobart is well worth the money....

Thanks guys...I'm prolly gonna stick with a lincoln (have experience with them), but ill see if i can find a cheap hobart. Basically I took a bunch of art classes involving mig/flux, arc, and torch welding and really miss doing it. Plus theres a ton of other stuff i wanna make. I really want a tig welder but theyre way to expensive!! :eek: Brian, good to know the NSR frame is mild steel! I'm gonna add some swingarm spools/swingarm sliders, and some other stuff :D