Who has satalite radio?

Mojoe

Here is more info on stern fan network, Scroll down a little.

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/

Joe you will always have static because of the wireless FM transmitter. That is a big reason I went with the hardwired stock radio. Just remember it cost me 60 for antenna, 150 for the radio, and 340 for the tuner. For a grand total of 550. But it is clear and no static.

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/media/xm-sirius-merger.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's overrated. I installed a Sirius package in the GTP, and will let my subscription lapse. Most of the "tuner" stations are overshadowed by local Columbus stations to the point a non-broadcasting station is still clipped with bits of a Columbus station.

I don't listen to talk radio, and have tens of thousands of MP3s at my disposal. It seems most people only buy into this shit for the talk radio, and the channels for satellite aren't that impressive with their variety. My MP3s don't have commercials, either.

People, don't listen to any of this non-sense. I use 91.9 in my work van, and I normally don't have any interferance issues. Hardwired in the other vehicles. And I drive ALL OVER Columbus.

MP3's are fine and dandy; my head unit in the Avalanche plays MP3's, has a direct I-pod hookup, yet I still listen to both music and talk radio (Bubba and Stern). Sirius is the way to go for sure.

HERE IS A LITTLE INSTALL GEM FOR ALL OF YOU SAT RADIO FOLKS

If your vehicle has a fiberglass hood, you can install the antenna under the hood, and the reception will still be good. I HATE external antennas; I have in under the hood on the Formula, and on the dash in the Avalanche (wired through the defrost vent, so it looks like it is supposed to be there). I get better reception in the Formula through the hood than I do in the Avalanche through the glass. And yes, that's off Sat. signal, not a repeater.

Speaking of repeaters, there's one around Reynoldsburg, so you don't even need an outside antenna for your home kits. :)

Here is more info on stern fan network, Scroll down a little.

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/

Joe you will always have static because of the wireless FM transmitter. That is a big reason I went with the hardwired stock radio. Just remember it cost me 60 for antenna, 150 for the radio, and 340 for the tuner. For a grand total of 550. But it is clear and no static.

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/media/xm-sirius-merger.gif

ben what did u do go to the dealer???? my alpine tuner that hooks up like a cd changer on a alpine radios was only 100 bucks.... i just wish they would come out with stem video like they have been saying for years

ben what did u do go to the dealer???? my alpine tuner that hooks up like a cd changer on a alpine radios was only 100 bucks.... i just wish they would come out with stem video like they have been saying for years

No I did it myself; I had to buy a stock 07 STI radio for 150 off a kid in Cali. Then get the Subaru Sirius radio kit because the Clarion tuner I bought off Crutchfield for $80 did not work because Clarion codes their controls different for their aftermarket radios than their stock Subaru radios (made by Clarion). So I sent that back and when I got the kit from Subaru it had an antenna with a 6 foot cord because all 07 WRXs have the antenna wired in the car. (my 05 doesn’t). SO I went to Radio Shack and bought a Sirius Monster Antenna for $60. Give me a little credit; I don't usually just blow $550. I wanted a stock radio so thieves looked in my car and moved along, I keep nothing in there. I also didn't want to take it in and out of the car all the time. Also I didn't want the dreaded fm wireless tuner. SO it cost me $550 and I am a very happy customer and it was money well spent. I have something to occupy my time to and from work and I can listen to pretty much anything at work I want even comedy if I am in the mood. That new Lithium channel 24 is sweet! That is my kind of music, I was young then. Now I am old.

No I did it myself; I had to buy a stock 07 STI radio for 150 off a kid in Cali. Then get the Subaru Sirius radio kit because the Clarion tuner I bought off Crutchfield for $80 did not work because Clarion codes their controls different for their aftermarket radios than their stock Subaru radios (made by Clarion). So I sent that back and when I got the kit from Subaru it had an antenna with a 6 foot cord because all 07 WRXs have the antenna wired in the car. (my 05 doesn’t). SO I went to Radio Shack and bought a Sirius Monster Antenna for $60. Give me a little credit; I don't usually just blow $550. I wanted a stock radio so thieves looked in my car and moved along, I keep nothing in there. I also didn't want to take it in and out of the car all the time. Also I didn't want the dreaded fm wireless tuner. SO it cost me $550 and I am a very happy customer and it was money well spent. I have something to occupy my time to and from work and I can listen to pretty much anything at work I want even comedy if I am in the mood. That new Lithium channel 24 is sweet! That is my kind of music, I was young then. Now I am old.
slow down ghosty i was just asking why the tuner was 340 thats the rout u wanted to go just like my radio was $1600.00 plus the changer and the tuner for the sirius but i didnt know the tuner would cost u that much

Well, we did the install tonight. Or, I should say, Jesse did the install. Jesse had never seen an install or looked into how to do it. I picked up and FM modulator which cleared up the static of the wireless. For the power, Jesse simply soldered 2 wires to the cigarette adapter and wrapped the work in electrical tape. Plugged the wires into the plugs that power the adapter, and reinstalled the head unit. I'm still looking to push the antenna wire in, and get it to stay better. Flawlessly, everything works. I think it came out great. Thanks Jesse.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l284/dsnowgod/IMG_0691.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l284/dsnowgod/IMG_0692.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l284/dsnowgod/IMG_0690.jpg

Cut the rubber wire cover off (it's useless), and mount the antenna flush with the windshield header. Then run it down the outside of the window seal (under the seal of course) into the car. Will look a lot better that way. :)

We wanted to, and tried. There is not enough seal to get under it and have it stay there. We had to work it over pretty hard to get what we have there. I may just shove it in for what room there is and put a bead of black sealant over the edge to seal it.works great and I'm happy with it for the winter.

Thanks Ben. If you notice in the first pic, the unit slants downward a bit. To look at it, it does seem right. But, in driving last night, I liked it like that because I didn't have the light from it distracting my vision. And it was still easy to read this morning.