For fucks sake.....

Dr. Apex

Why is it sooo damn hard to find clothing that fits?? I know I'm 6'3" and have an exceptionally tall torso(found this out when getting my custom seat made) and am generally a big guy, but why doesn't anyone make anything for tall people??

The sleeves are always too short unless I buy a shirt or jacket 2 sizes too big, then I have 10 extra inches around the torso. Also most though may fit me around, never are long enough in the torso.

Jeans are also hard to come by in a good length as a 40/32 seems to be a rare size, their always a 44-46/32(again short fat people).

Even as I went looking for gloves tonight, again the fingers were too short in almost all but the most expensive ones.

People say "it must be nice to be tall", the awnser is NO!!! What perplexes me is the fact that there are so many people around these days that are 6'+ and yet there are no clothes to fit us really well, what gives???? :mad:

p.s. I've been to "Big and tall" stores, they have some clothing but their selections are always limited and carry little in the major brands and tend to be a bit pricey.

I agree. I am 6'+ and pretty skinny. It is either a shirt that fits right around my torso and is short as hell with little sleeves, or is down to my fucking knees and 10" wider than necessary.

I also hate when I will find a shirt that fits the way I like at a store, but then every different shirt labeled that same size is a different size in the same store.

I wear 2x shirts(t-shirts), when you shop for dress shirts ask for extra long or tall, my work shirts(long sleeves) are 2x tall and they are perfect. My arms are 31.5" from underarm to fingertip and I'm 6'3" 235. Clothing makers think everyone with a 38" waist is 5'8" tall with a 30" inseam, I wear 35", so I have to buy relaxed fit 34" to avoid the dreaded high waters syndrome.

I find it impossible to find dress shirts for myself (5'11", 230). I have to go XL to fit my chest, 45", and 34/35 for the sleeves, but trying to find that combo with an 18-18.5" neck is impossible. I can choke myself with a 17.5, but avoid that at all costs. I also don't know what's up with some of the fitted button downs out there. I can make the XL work, but it feels like I'm gonna tear the sumbitch if i have to reach for something, or flex. As Americans get taller and fatter the damn clothes are being made for small, skrawny bitches.

x2 on that. I don't suffer from the height issues being pretty much average at 5'10" and 180lbs, but I started getting both all my pants and shirts (where needed) tailored and won't go back to off the rack again.

Time to start getting your shirts tailored. It's not as expensive as you think, and you will be very happy with the results. :)

I know I am 6' and after you wash a freakin XL t-shirt about 3 times it shrinks and the bottom of the shirt barely extends down over my stomach. Every time I raise my arm it shows my stomach. If I buy 2x than it looks like a freakin skirt.

Solution:

Have your woman teach you how to do laundry. Im 6'1", 235lbs, and i can wear a Large. I fill it, and stretch the sleeves at that, but i can fit in a large that has been washed properly. Pretty soon the XLs are going to be a sung fit :D

i am 6'1 262 pounds wear size 40/30 jeans cant find them anywhere most of the time have to get 40/32 then i look like a fucking gangbanger because they are so baggy. wear size 3x t-shirts good luck finding them anywhere. i am fucked i am just a big guy. not fat work out everyday. just big. by the standards of today i am obest thats a fucking joke!!

Joe, your reading into it too much, guys your size I can just sit on an suffocate!!!

Dress shirts are the one area that aren't too bad for me, usually I can find stuff long enough in the torso but the sleeves usually come up short.

A good example was last night, the ski jacket I bought has enough diameter to fit someone with a 44" waist, it's a tad short in the torso but not bad, but as usual the sleeves need to be a good 3-4" longer, they ride up my arm like a son of a bitch.

I need a good suit and have shopped a few times for them and will have to have something made because of being tall. WWD JUNK, I agree we are being left out for the most part and it can be frustrating.

Same problems here. Hate shopping because of it. I have very long limbs and a short torso. Nothing fits right. I even remember my mother bitching when I was a kid because even then, clothes shopping was a pain. Good think we were poor and I got alot of hand me downs... :(

i can't find a nice pair of slacks that can disguise my gigantic dick.

seriously, though, 6'3" 240-50. Its hard to find decent clothes. I usually just get loose fitting stuff at Old Navy or Kohls cuz its cheap and i'm not fashion conscious enough to care about brand, just appearance. Hoodies FTW to make it all not matter.