Dyno rumors...

Turbotrio

It has come to our attention that there are multiple rumors floating around about us “acquiring” a dyno so I would just like to address them. First off, all the rumors of us buying AutoExotica’s dyno are completely false. I too heard the rumors about them being shut-down for like a week and that is more than likely what led up to all the talk. The next was that we bought a used AWD Dyno off Ebay. Not true either. I did know the owner of that dyno and tried to get a deal worked out but we just didn’t have enough time to move on it. So no, no Ebay Dyno for us either. One that is true, but we just haven’t officially worked out the details on yet, is our purchase of a used 2wd Dynojet off a customer of ours. That one is still a distinct possibility.

What are we getting then? IPS Motorsports is the proud owner of a brand spankin new Dynojet 424x AWD Dyno! Just spoke to Dynojet yesterday and ours has one more week build time (placed the order a few weeks ago) and it will be on its way. They have confirmed it will ship out no later than February 26th. We will be digging the pit (it will be an in-ground) and getting the concrete poured this week so that once it arrives we will be up and running as soon as possible. Of course we will spend some time working out the bugs, getting everyone trained with our personal cars, and getting everything situated first. Then we will actively start taking appointments and scheduling dyno days and so forth. Tilley’s Z06 and Mikes EVO are slated to be first up to really get her broken-in right!

The winter has been extremely good to us and we just want to keep our business growing and continually moving forward. With all the AWD cars we work on and tune it was only a matter of time before we just had to have a dyno in-house and after talking to all the well-known dyno companies, Dynojet was an easy choice.

I will post up again once its all 100% ready to go and then we will be scheduling appointments immediately after. Any questions just call the shop any time at 614-444-5884 or email me at: sales@ipsmotorsports.net

Jeff

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dyno day??

We plan on having many :)

Not that we have anywhere to put it right now anyway, but *if* we end up picking up the used 2wd Dynojet as well, we will have a very hot set-up for dyno days :)

Either way, we plan on setting up a few early ones soon...

Jeff

Is the first all-wheel dynojet near columbus? Oh, either way congrats.

Swytzer has one at his house now I believe somewhere up north but that is the only other one in Ohio that I am aware of. Not sure if his is available to the public or not. AMS is the next closest...

Jeff

Buscher?

Switzer has a new shop and his dyno is available to the public now. Buschur's dyno is a Mustang dyno (not a dynojet). Both of these choices are 2 hours away from Columbus however.

The IPS AWD Dyoojet is the same exact model as Switzer's (and 5 minutes from my house now :) .