Cobalt SS..

Guest 5.7

Anyone own a Cobalt SS? I had to find something rather quick, because I wrecked my GA a week ago. I got a really good deal on it so I picked it up. Just cuious how anyone who ones an SS likes it. I'd like to get a Stage 2 or 3 for it.

Yeah, I've been reading up about them a little. I thought for sure they would be someone on the board who owns one. For what it is, its not a bad car at all. Has nice get up and go. The car does actually boost the full 12psi. The only thing I dislike is traction on a fwd car. So used to RWD.

not a bad little ride I guess. haven't driven one, but I've heard of few that visited Intense over in Plain City and had some updates done and ran into the 13's. if I was looking for something in that range, it would certainly be on my list.

stock I believe they are low 14's or so. Had a red Ion Redline try and run me a couple times before the weather took a shit and he found out the hard way he needs some modification to really enjoy it ;)

Anyone own a Cobalt SS? I had to find something rather quick, because I wrecked my GA a week ago. I got a really good deal on it so I picked it up. Just cuious how anyone who ones an SS likes it. I'd like to get a Stage 2 or 3 for it.

either I encountered a bad driver or they are overrated but in my bone stock v-6 f-body I ran neck and neck with one until 90mph then he SLOWLY started pullling away..

but you said you got a deal so I'm sure its worth it. a grand or two will have you in the mid to low 13's

don't rest your foot on the clutch pedel or the check engine light will come on unless you have the PCM reprogramed. there ok, i haven't had to do any real work on them yet just some stupid warranty stuff.

I've had to replace a cylinder head on a Redline Ion due to oil starvation. Someone was using latex gloves when doing an oil change on one. I supposed a piece ripped off when getting the oil filter out as they are a bitch. The piece of latex go stuck in an oil galley and starved the top half of the motor of oil. Not fun.

I've had to replace a cylinder head on a Redline Ion due to oil starvation. Someone was using latex gloves when doing an oil change on one. I supposed a piece ripped off when getting the oil filter out as they are a bitch. The piece of latex go stuck in an oil galley and starved the top half of the motor of oil. Not fun.

ouch that had to suck for the owner.

i had to replace 16 valves when a timing chain pulled apart on one from someone over reving it at NTR but that was on a 2.2L EcoTec. and we've put two engines in those stupid little cars from people hitting dead deer and tires in the road busting radiator open and over heating them hahaha.

Anyone know the max amount of HP that they can hold? I know w/ the stage 2 bumps it up to about 245. Maybe with a cai and exhaust and a smaller pulley and bigger injectors, maybe push around 260ish.