Stage 1 WRX Openecu tune

thorne

I tuned my WRX yesterday using engunity/ecuflash+tactrix cable. This is a opensource solution kinda like a cheap cobb . Well stage1 is basicly a bit more boost and a few other minor increases, The big one being partial throttle boost increase, and much much faster boost come on. The guys who so far have been running similar tunes have seen no problems and my data logging so far has shown no real deviation on timing then my stock logs. "Retard or whatnot"

Any suggestions on other things to log I'm open to it. Right now I watch, Timing adjustment, Wastegate Duty,rpm,TP.

Also anyone whos interested in being flashed let me know. I offer no warranty but I am willing to flash you assuming I have time.

The dyno results coming april.

The software is free. openecu.org will give you alot of the info. Also if you want we can sit down and i show you what i know so far.

I got the 1.3 u cable so if anyone i know has a Evo I can tune those toooooo.

http://www.tactrix.com/product_info.php?products_id=36&osCsid=75605072eb50e4780d5612fbf2815f52

all the software is easly avaiable. If there is a interest I will host it.

As for roms you can get baseline stage roms from osecroms site. for 25$ you can buy tuned roms.

I plan to dyno my car soon to show the differances from stock dynos to what I'm pushing. and then dynoing again after i change the exhaust and flash to a stage2 tune.

rightnow I am hitting a tad over 1 bar of boost in 3rd. and man the spool up .

Even if you don't want to tune the software's logging features are awesome.

so software list I can link if you really are interested.

Engunity (Tuning the rooms and data logging)

ecuflash

Thats ALL I'musing right now there are a few more suites that are nice .

Hell yeah I did. the boost is so much quicker to come on. on the map I tweaked down the lower rpms just a little bit, If anyone has a stock bug eye and wants to comapre or even a upgraded one let me know.

The Throttle response improvement is great. and the extra boost helps you can actualy feel it pulling now instead of just kinda doings its thing when its ready to.

I hope you at least have a wideband in the car if you are playing with the fuel and timing tables.

The ECUflash is neat stuff for being free but it is also very easy to blow your stuff up if you don't have much experience. Keep the boost low and run really good gas if you aren't sure about how to get the AFR targets right. Watch the knock sensor carefully.

I'm using the Tested opensource rom. Stage1. I am not tuning my own stuff other then cranking the boost down a tiny bit at lower rpm until i got wideband time and the exhaust on.

for a stock machine with just a flash i think it feels nice.

Copperhead let me know if you want to check it out.

osecroms flashes are what I'm using.

I'm using the Tested opensource rom. Stage1. I am not tuning my own stuff other then cranking the boost down a tiny bit at lower rpm until i got wideband time and the exhaust on.

for a stock machine with just a flash i think it feels nice.

Copperhead let me know if you want to check it out.

osecroms flashes are what I'm using.

What are you doing for boost creep and boost spikes? Don't tell me you are not seeing those because some of us know you are because we have subarus. You better have a plan.

Hell yeah I did. the boost is so much quicker to come on. on the map I tweaked down the lower rpms just a little bit, If anyone has a stock bug eye and wants to comapre or even a upgraded one let me know.

The Throttle response improvement is great. and the extra boost helps you can actualy feel it pulling now instead of just kinda doings its thing when its ready to.

+1

Much better than it was stock!