anyone willing to do work for cheap?

6 Speed S4

My audi was inspected by my mechanic and he said its gunna cost me about 3000 or more for repairs including labor. It needs a new front suspension (5 of 8 ball joints are broken), oil cooler, valve cover gasket, oil dipstick gasket, front and rear diff. seals, and the abs brakes are malfunctioning.

Just and FYI Jesse did this to his s4. Parts alone were over 700 dollars.

There are a tone of joints on the front of that car and many of the arms need to be replace to fix them.

This is the life of an Audi owner.

Just and FYI Jesse did this to his s4. Parts alone were over 700 dollars.

There are a tone of joints on the front of that car and many of the arms need to be replace to fix them.

This is the life of an Audi owner.

yep, I found a suspension kit for like 500 without the sway bar which it needs

that will most likely need ball joints on it.

Truth.

hahaha. it turns out im just goin to throw this car up on ebay and look for a lower mileage audi A4 99-02.

Mileage is only one factor in this equation. Maintenace history, driving conditions, accidents, modifications, etc. all add up to wear and tear.

If you are not prepared to spend at least $1000 in maintenance and repairs per year, you should not even consider buying another Audi that isn't under factory warranty.

Truth.

Mileage is only one factor in this equation. Maintenace history, driving conditions, accidents, modifications, etc. all add up to wear and tear.

If you are not prepared to spend at least $1000 in maintenance and repairs per year, you should not even consider buying another Audi that isn't under factory warranty.

So true. 1k a year is normal maint for any audi over 32K miles. Some people spend upwards of 2K a year.

Audi owners should be people who can work on the car themselves, this excludes most people. If you sell it and replace it with another, you will most likely be dissapointed when you have to put more money in the one you buy. Most people are selling them because they need repair and are unwilling to do it. The people who maintain the cars and keep them in top notch condition keep driving them becasue they love their cars and the condition of the car shows.

Truth.

You can't be cheap with these cars. If you still want it fixed pm me. I have done a lot of work on Audis. I do work on the side. Jessie can verify my knowledge on this.

Truth.

Oh I know maintenance is expensive on Audi's but my mechanic said this one isn't worth keeping and it will become a money put. He told me to find one from a dealer with a warranty or a very good condition one from a private seller with all maintenance records.

. He told me to find one from a dealer with a warranty or a very good condition one from a private seller with all maintenance records.

I found mine from a private owner. She had immaculate and complete records of all services done to the vehicle in the 94k miles. This paid off when I had to have the motor rebuilt because of the sludge issue. If it were not for these records, and the Audi extended warranty of 8 years unlimited mileage, I would have paid over $3k for just that repair.

I still have put over $2k in the car including a flex pipe, abs electronics, an igniter, plugs, and a maf sensor in the last 12 months. I do my own oil changes and those cost me $32 each due to the Mobil1 0W50 and special filter that are required. I also know I need at least one wheel bearing now, as I can hear it singing.

Trust me and the others, unless you have a factory warranty, or the best extended coverage on the planet, this car is gonna quarter and dollar you to death as a daily driver. Don't think that I don't love my A4. It's still a PITA!

hahaha. it turns out im just goin to throw this car up on ebay and look for a lower mileage audi A4 99-02.

That won't exactly solve the problem will it? Correct me if im wrong but you go this car as a 'dependable' daily driver to deliver pizza's in while you go to school right? But your requirment was AWD. why buy another audi if you could run into the same maintenance issues?

That won't exactly solve the problem will it? Correct me if im wrong but you go this car as a 'dependable' daily driver to deliver pizza's in while you go to school right? But your requirment was AWD. why buy another audi if you could run into the same maintenance issues?

Im not going to be at pizza hut starting in late May. Im getting a mechanic internship to start off before school in sept.