Networking Jobs

kshymkiw83

Anyone have any out there?

I would say i have 3-5 years experience, but could be considered at a "senior" level. Experience with:

Cisco (everything from uBR 905 Cable Modem's, 1841's, 2600's, 2800's, Cat 3500, Cat 3550, ME 3400, Cat 4057, 7206 VXR, 12k series GSR's, YellowBrick's/10k series/SRP Rings, CMTS's, ONS (15454, 15310MA)

Juniper (Netscreens, T640's, M320, etc...)

Foundry Networks (FES 2402, 4802, 12GCF, 424HF, 2402POE, Serveriron, BigIron, Super X, MG8, etc....)

Sonicwall (TZ 50 up to pro 5060)

Experience with: OSPF, BGP, MPLS, SRP, SONET, essentially Layer 1-3.

Anyone have anything out there? Not that i hate my job, but i am not the happiest right now. IF needed I can provide a resume. Let me know.

Well, with your experience passing the NA shouldn't be a big deal. They are one of the big players in town....

Most every corp. that is hiring networkers wants to see a valid cert.

The simple fact is I don't want to take the NA again. To me it is a waste of my money and time. True my company could re-imburse me, but finding the time to actually go do it is the issue. I don't think i need a piece of paper to say that I know something. If you have a feeling that i may be a fake, then ask me during the interview, plain and simple.

The simple fact is I don't want to take the NA again. To me it is a waste of my money and time. True my company could re-imburse me, but finding the time to actually go do it is the issue. I don't think i need a piece of paper to say that I know something. If you have a feeling that i may be a fake, then ask me during the interview, plain and simple.

The thing is, getting past the application process will be tough so I cannot ask you during the interview. If xCorp says "must have CCNA" then your app. is immediately thrown out. It is a reality that kind of sucks but a reality none the less. I have M A N Y contacts in the networking field and have worked in several industries as a networker (govt, ISP, banking, vendor) and almost every contract that gets let, or staffing req. that goes out, requires a recognized cert as a requirement.

I didn't like having to take that test again either, but it removes many of the limitations for the job seeker.

good luck with that attitude.

good luck with that attitude.

Already has me at a decent job, making more than I could have asked for. I don't need a piece of paper to explain my worth. When it comes down to it, I can design and build and implement DWDM. DWDM is like crack today, every company wants, it, and every ocmpany needs someone to design it. With the contacts i have, and the knowledge i have, many private companies, banks, hospitals, etc.. are looking for people like me. I was just wandering if anyone had an inside track on something, that is all.

The thing is, getting past the application process will be tough so I cannot ask you during the interview. If xCorp says "must have CCNA" then your app. is immediately thrown out. It is a reality that kind of sucks but a reality none the less. I have M A N Y contacts in the networking field and have worked in several industries as a networker (govt, ISP, banking, vendor) and almost every contract that gets let, or staffing req. that goes out, requires a recognized cert as a requirement.

I didn't like having to take that test again either, but it removes many of the limitations for the job seeker.

Your 100% correct. The way I look at it is this. A cert says you have the ability to learn, not necessarily the know of how to do anything. I have seen plenty of "paper certs" in my time, and each one is just as funny as the next. I know a guy who is starting at VZB in a week or so. He just got his NA, has no experience, and got hired. To me that is a poor decision on managements part. You could easily take someone like me, who at one time had their NA, and also has 5 years real world knowledge, and I could be more successful and a quicker impact than the paper cert with no time in.

Rememebr the NA is simple switching and routing. It doesn't get into Border Routing, or really any Layer 1 applications, SONET, DWDM, CWDM, etc... I wasn't thrilled when i took the NA to begin with, and spending 125 dollars now, just doesn't seem the route i wana take.