MMI thoughts...

yotaman88210

So I have always loved anything thing on two wheels, well I guess anything with a motor really. I have been working on cars and bikes since I have been about 12. Never really thought about taking it to the professional level until recently.

I got convicted of an OMVI and the ARRT, the people who grant the license for Radiology Techs, prolly wont give me my license cuz of that. I have been working in a Rad. Dept. for the last 4 years of my life. I wanted to finish the degree and get licensed but am afraid I will do the 2 year program then get denied.

What do you guys think about MMI ? Anyone know salary ranges for someone with expeirence who is really good at what they do?

By MMI do you mean like automotive technical programs/schools? I've never heard of MMI but from your post it seem's like that's what you mean?

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33059

Subject has already been talked about a few times. Search and you will probably find 2-3 more thread on it.

if you watch american chopper cody went there and they say on there sometimes he is dumb and didn't learn shit down there. there was a guy that worked at ASK and he went to MMI as well and he was a complete dumb ass with a wrench in his hand as well.

I know a couple people who went to AZ to MMI. They both know their stuff about bikes now, one does bike wrenching on the side and one is a full-time bike mechanic, making average pay.

I wouldnt go with the intention of scoring a big gig like on Yamaha's superbike pit crew or anything, but if your goal is just to get a decent job wrenching on bikes (at least to start), then go for it.

I think I would learn alot cuz I have a decent background with mechanics and cuz I WANT to learn. Some people just go to these places wanting to slide by easy as possible. If I did this I would prolly take it too seriously. My intentions would be to eventually open my own garage here in columbus and provide people with on the job training. I want to know as much as I can if I am planning on training others. Thanks for the thoughts everyone!