Microsoft Flight Simulator X - downloads?

zeitgeist57

So I love the game...

...but I'm a cheap bastard. Are there any planes I can download and fly for free?

There are a couple of sites that have SR-71's, P-51 Mustangs, Harriers, etc...but you need to pay to download. I don't want to steal, but I'm not trying to pay for something that is already offered perfectly free from a reputable site.

Thanks!

I use a Logitech Freedom 2.4ghz (RF2.4) cordless joystick. It's a great stick, with throttle and rudder control. I've taken almost all the lessons. Toughest for me was the Robinson R22 copter landing on a moving yacht. Going up and back down the side of the mountain became easy, but landing on that boat sucked. I had to do it over probably 2 dozen times.

i plan on getting this game sometime in the near future when i can afford to uberize my computer, gonna try and get the Matrox converter and run 3 LCD's, IR TRacking and all that good stuff.

as for free stuff, i frequent flightsim.com quite often. most of their stuff is payed DL's but there might be free stuff, plus they have links to all the companies and have a message board which might help as well.

Hehe sounds like their trying to make it into something more enjoyable for the masses. How does it compare in handling to FS2004? I liked FS4, FS2002, FS2004 for the most realistic handling. I haven't got the newest one yet. I got a small cockpit setup in my basement. CH Products Yoke and pedals, home built throttle quadrant, powered toyota supra seat for the chair. I do alot of cross country IFR flights so I needed something better to sit on than the standard computer chair. I switch out the yoke for a Logitec joystick for the helios and its a blast to fly around downtown Cbus landing on buildings.

Evan