Anyone have a hookup at Jegs, Summit, etc etc?

Bam

I'm about to drop around $2000 this month, probably all at once on some parts and was wondering if anyone could hook me up with a discount. Save me money and get some yourself, get me a discount and I'll throw you 10% of what I save.

Thanks

i work at jegs. and there are no discounts unless you are tax exempt or have a drag racing licence for 9.99 and faster. or plan on spending 10,000 a month for a business acount and the discount there isint too good. maybe .20 cents on 1000.

Honestly, for what I'm buying, its not really for a mustang and its kinda generic stuff.

Here's a rough list...

Autometer Sport-Comp Gauges

Speedo

Tach

Oil Pressure

Voltmeter

Fuel level

Water Temp

Oil Temp

1 wire Alternator

Low mount alternator bracket

New alternator belt -

Painless Wiring kit

Holley Carb

1.6 roller rockers

Seats, sliders, racing harnesses

Fuel cell

Fuel line

Fuel pump

Inline filter

Flexible brake line

It's for the kit car I'm building, which is based on a mustang yes, but none of this stuff is really meant for "one car"

Thanks for your opinion though, their prices are spot on with the competiton I checked and plus I like being able to drive down the road and return/exchange a part if I want.

Jegs is not a bad place to buy stuff. Plus its local so you dont have to play the waiting game. Granted they may not carry all the name brands, but if I'm looking for a product and they have it I go straight there. Plus Matt and the rest of the guys up there are cool.

When I put my first Cobra together I took my dash into Jegs and actually put the gauges in the dash to see how it would look.

Bam, do you have a hole saw, and if so what size gauges are you going to run? If you run the 5 in. tach and speedo you might not have enough room behind the dash . Not sure on a mk1 but on a mkII it hit the steel tubing behind the dash.

I have a ffr at my house that is being assembled if you ever want to take a look. It goes to the painter next week though. Never mind I forgot your Dad has one.

I'm actually planning on running 3 3/8 for the speedo/tach and 2 1/16 for the rest. And then an external shift lite in the center of the steering wheel.

I do have a hole saw, but I don't even have a dash yet, lol. That's another thing I've got to buy, best deal I've found for a blank one is ffmetal.com

Yeah, I've got my dad's to base my build off of, but the guy who built it cut corners and didn't do it how I appreciate, so we're going through it and updating/refreshing basically the entire thing. Plus on mine I'm adding the feet safety bars, as well as probably a spec series bar/cage and side bars.

Are you building an mkiii now? What's your number/address again and I'll drop by this weekend if you're free. I'm off saturday and sunday.

Thanks

Matt

Guest Removed
if you spend 500 in one visit you get a free hat of your choice, over 1000 free tee shirt, and over 2000 one visit you get a free hoddie.

ive dropped 2k at times and never got a hoodie :confused:

and with the NHRA lic you get like 20 or 30 % off

I have dropped a few thousand there before, and they gave me a t-shirt and a hat.

Bam , I am building a early mkII now. It is not mine but someone that did not have the time to finish it. I did build a mkIII last year.

Bam p.m. sent

Guest kissmyaspen
you guys get ripped off i usually get a free shirt every time i go there. most the time i get one and my gf... and you get a good dc if you have nhra membership.