$$$ for metal

Mojoe

• 1 year later...

reviving. Just got back, gt $126.

If you have steel, TAKE IT NOW. Ace was the only place I called that's still buying, most Chinese buyers have stop buying because they can't afford to honor their contracts. There's a good chance that all scrappers will stop buying in the near future.

I got $29 for 740lb.

I also brought in 60lb of bare copper wire, a copper mustang radiator, a tail shaft housing, and 2 cats.

Note, they only take one cat from a person at a time, I'll have to take my second back later. Got $40 for the cat, the rest was the copper.

If I'd gone in september, Iwould have gotten twice as much cash. If you don't NEED the cash (like I did) and you can sit on it for a while, do it. It could be a long time before anyhting swings up again, though.

Guys, please do NOT do business with Ace. There are other companies, hit the yellow pages. Ace has been busted so many times with stolen VETERANS GRAVE PLAQUES that it is sickening. They KNOW, they damn well KNOW, that no cemetery is going to be scrapping 50 or 60 of those, yet they still buy them from the dogshit cuntrags that bring them in, KNOWING full well that they are stolen off of somebodies TOMBSTONE.

That place is also the favorite final dump for all the stolen cars that get chopped in Columbus. Hit up the Dispatch website, the TV sites, hell even just google and see how many times they've been busted with known stolen cars.

Why don't you just take it to them and find out

I'm planning on it. I was bored today and decided to crush 12 trash bags of cans into 4 bags. Then broke my can crusher that I just bought.

I was really wondering what places are giving price per lb of aluminum.