Super Prius or Supra Replacement?

thorne

http://natewhitehill.com/2007/02/27/the-new-toyota-sportcara-hybrid/

400hp with electric. I can see it now...

Look man i cant race for a few more minutes im charging lets go lap 270 then its on bitch.

or

Look I've got 3 dry sells here I'm going to be sparkin this race?

or

Are you on the battery tonight?

It kinda defeats the purpose of it being a hybrid... but hell its a Supra!

Lexus doesn't use hybrid technology for fuel consumption, they use it for performance. Take a ride in a new Lexus, instant torque and a continuously variable transmission is pretty cool.

I wonder what size battery system it's using. It'll make your average tuner disappear. Those things can kill you if you aren't taking the right precautions and using the right tools.

You need to drive a GS450h.Those cars are nice and 0-60 in low 5 sec range.I was impressed when I drove it.Everytime I bring an RX400h home the wife goes crazy wanting one.The Lexus Hybrids get good gas mileage if you stay out of the throttle but it's too tempting for me.The other benefit is the environment,when you are cruising around town slow it is all electric motor and when you stop at a traffic light the gas motor is completely shut down.

Lexus doesn't use hybrid technology for fuel consumption, they use it for performance. Take a ride in a new Lexus, instant torque and a continuously variable transmission is pretty cool.

GM did that in some of there trucks as part of a towing package.

for something a bit cheaper look at the V6 accord vs the hybrid. The Hybrid is much faster.

Electric motors have instant torque as well as a flat constant torque curve throughout the RPM band.

I like the styling, I would rock that supra all day long.

another nice thing about Toyota/Lexus hybrids are regenerative braking. They load the electric motors to supply the first 70% of braking, then go to the hydraulic, making it almost impossible to lock the brakes under "typical" hard stopping conditions.