Anyone going to the dragstrip soon?

lawnman

I'll up for going, I'll take my dad's Cobra, but like I said today, I'm planning on attending the CDSM track day May 9th w/ mine. Just let me know and I should be able to attend whenever.

I'll up for going, I'll take my dad's Cobra, but like I said today, I'm planning on attending the CDSM track day May 9th w/ mine. Just let me know and I should be able to attend whenever.

Did you say you are going to take your Cobra May 9th ?

Not really, but the frame is all welded up now, except we're trying to lower the x-bracing under the seats to effectively lower the seats around an inch, do you know if any of the seats would fit between the 4" tube and the seat brace on the outside, where the body mounts?

I'm also doing a 10/12 point cage with the footbox protection as well as side door bars similar to the spec cars. I've saved a ton of pictures from other people on FFcobra and their cages, so we'll go off that.

As long as I have the money right, I'll have no problem at least getting ot the May 7th track day. But I'm going to run in go-cart form and then I'll have to tear it back down, sandblast the frame and paint it and then get the body done and installed. I just want to get to a track to get a feel for the car, see if I need to fix/work anything out.

Can I get it registered/inspected etc anytime during the year, or is Ohio like california where they only give out so many build titles or whatever per year, and I've got to wait until 2008 to get one now?

For the inspection all you need is the inspection form along with all your paperwork. They will want to see a body on the car before they will make it street legal.

Ohio has no limit on registerating a certain number of cars.

The seat that will fit between the 4 in rails? You will have to use those rails to mount a atleast a part of the seat . I have some seat plates if you want them, they are the same size as a racing seat that I used in my last build. It is the same size as the base of the racing seats used in these cars.

Yeah, I wasn't sure how it mounted to the floor, so we were going to put some cross bars there where the seat holes lined up to bolt it down, I'd love to pick up the seat plates to use as a measurement and base stuff off of.

What seats have you used in your builds? I like the street performers or something similar. Definitely highbacks w/ side support, but not necessarily like the kirkey's, I think that might be hard to get in/out.

I used the standard low back seats in my first one. Then I used the street performers in my last 2. The only thing is the street performers sit at an angle paralell to the transmission bracing. Also if you use the street performers you will have to angle them back, they tend to lean forward in that car for some reason.

On my last build I had the driveshaft shortened and it only cost $40. If you need their number just let me know.