Audi repair shop?

SlowZ06

Okay, long story short...

Performance upgrades > me.

Anyone have a shop they'd recommend to take an older Audi to? It's going to be on a tow truck, so I'd like to keep it around the north end of town if anyone has a good suggestion. I deal with a lot of shops through work, but none that I can think of with the experience to troubleshoot the problem(s) I apparently caused.

Thanks!

Guest powers
Is this the place by that Papa Johns? I hear they do good work.

You got it. They are "THE" older Audi place. Last time I stopped in to look at a manual the service rate was 65 per hour.

Guest powers
I see so many audi's (earlier ones to new) there all the time. I assume they work on older German cars in general, since I see Porsches there all the time, and I've seen a few Karmann Ghia's.

Audi, Porsche, and VW are what they do, which is fitting since they are all the same company. Sometimes people will bring them a bmw but they try and stay true to what they do, so they can do it very well.

They have every dealer tool for all the audi's, as well as a bentley manuals for every year group since Robert Bentley has been the Audi Group service publisher.

Also in case someone wants the contact info.

5193 N High St

Columbus, OH 43214

(614) 436-8085

What did you do now?

-Mike

Sigh... I put a stiffer wastegate spring in it. That isn't the problem. The problem is, you have to ground a wire going to the ECM to prevent it from shutting off the fuel under higher boost. The instructions told me to check for continuity between a terminal of the fuel pump relay and the ECM wire before I spliced and grounded it. Now, the instructions said to do it at the ECM. Me, being a total dumbass, thought it would be easier to do it at the relay. In the process, I broke a resistor inside the pump relay. The car ran up until this point. Now, I purchased a new fuel pump relay, plugged it in, but it won't run at all. I've got spark, it's CIS (so I can't really check for fuel) but I can't get it to run on ether either. The timing belt isn't broken, and I for the life of me can't figure it out.

Sigh... I put a stiffer wastegate spring in it. That isn't the problem. The problem is, you have to ground a wire going to the ECM to prevent it from shutting off the fuel under higher boost. The instructions told me to check for continuity between a terminal of the fuel pump relay and the ECM wire before I spliced and grounded it. Now, the instructions said to do it at the ECM. Me, being a total dumbass, thought it would be easier to do it at the relay. In the process, I broke a resistor inside the pump relay. The car ran up until this point. Now, I purchased a new fuel pump relay, plugged it in, but it won't run at all. I've got spark, it's CIS (so I can't really check for fuel) but I can't get it to run on ether either. The timing belt isn't broken, and I for the life of me can't figure it out.

Did you check the relay you tied into ? Could of fried it in the process.

Did you check the relay you tied into ? Could of fried it in the process.

I already replaced it as I had stated in the previous post. I fixed the car yesterday; a combination of a few things was going on.

1) I suck at wiring. Repaired my botched ECM ground.

2) I suck at the obvious. Lower hose had blown off the intercooler. (due to elevated boost levels) This thing is nearly impossible to see from the top, and I looked right at it before and didn't notice it was off. Air leak after airflow meter= doesn't run.

Now it runs great. I beat up on my buddy's Volvo 850 turbo wagon with it last night. He had it coming, I'd been seeing his taillights after the first 60' for a while now. :)

Guest powers

2) I suck at the obvious. Lower hose had blown off the intercooler. (due to elevated boost levels) This thing is nearly impossible to see from the top, and I looked right at it before and didn't notice it was off. Air leak after airflow meter= doesn't run.

Yeah that thing goes right through the sheet metal in the engine bay and then disappears. Good to hear you got it all fixed up. I have had a 5000tq and a v8q. The the 5000tq was much funner than the v8.

Good to hear you got it fixed. If anyone was wondering our rate now is 80.00 an hour, and we work on audi, vw, bmw, benz, porsche, and most jap stuff. Powers, thanks for the kind words.

Carl

FWIW, your reputation as far as I've heard is impeccable. Everyone I mentioned your name to had kind words to say... therefore, I'm sure you'll be seeing it in the future. It only seems to live a few weeks at a time between mechanical failures. :)