I hate cars

Guest Hal

Ok, I'm going to make an annoying rant into a short story. I was finally to the point where I was finishing up my car. I actually planned on attempting to start it tomorrow. Well, tonight as I was torquing everything down I broke a bolt. Yay, now I have to take everything back off and drill that out :doh: .

Ok, on to why this is in tech help. I'm looking for suggestions on what to do because I'm getting fed up and I'm not even sure my motor isn't blown. I'll list out my options, please chime in on what you feel is best.

1. Suck it up, pull everything off, put it back together, and hope the motor is ok.

2. Pull the motor and drop in Greg's MMR longblock. Assuming my block is ok, sell everything I don't need to recoup some of the cost.

3. Give up and leave the thing in storage until I have the money to do a built motor and turbos.

4. Something else.

Guest Removed
bring it too me. ill fix the bolt, get it running , check and see if its need a motor, or what ever else you may or maynot have hurt. then install gregs motor, and your turbo kit....

bring it too me. ill fix the bolt, get it running , check and see if its need a motor, or what ever else you may or maynot have hurt. then install gregs motor, and your turbo kit....

lemme guess.....first link in your sig? ;)

Guest Removed

it be way cheaper for me too do that one at the house, id could hook him the hell up.

but my project is here, so thats a no go. but i can cut him my buddie buddie discount that only certain people get.

I'm not too worried about getting the bolt out. That's just an annoyance really.

I popped something on the dyno last season and the car has not run for more than 2 mins since then. It's a longer story, but, in short I'm not sure if it will run again.

Rob, I'll consider that.

Anyone else have any opinions?

Army can wait, I would still go if they didn't tell me I'm fat even after I lost more weight than they wanted me too, and after a sergeant measures me and tells me I'm more than fine. Damn lazy people jsut didn't want to work since the snow storm was closing them down.

Stripped everything off tonight and I was lucky enough to be able to take the bolt out without drilling. I'll pick up bolts tomorrow and hopefully be able to get everything put back on and attempt a startup. I also learned how to make a fuel line disconnect tool out of a piece of paper (I'm always missing the size I need).

Rob, I'll give you a call at work if the motor won't crank or idle properly. If you can't figure it out from there I'll know what to do.

Sounded like a drag car when it started. No exhaust on there, I loved it. Couldn't let it idle cause I am missing a few things, but things are starting to look good.