Easiest car to mod for the buck

V8 Beast

So my little bro is car shopping again. Just trying to get some ideas of a good car that can be easily modded. I told him to get an LS1, but I know they cost a lot to mod. He's leaning towards a saleen mustang, a cobra (before they came with blowers), or a mach 1. I'm just looking for general opinions. It would have to be around or less than 15k. And also if you know of anyone selling let me know. We are going to start test driving and what not very soon.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

id have to say an ls1 or a cobra.

both can take spray pretty well. parts are widely available. the rear ends are stronger in the cobras. its all on preference, but i would say either of those would be a good choice.

i would say cost wise they are probably pretty damn even as well.

I would go cobra, although the ls1 is going to be able to take more punishment. Eventually the block on the cobra is going to go if he is spraying a lot, or goes FI. Lucky thing for that is he can pick up an '03 longblock relatively cheap. Between those two cars if I were him I would choose based on comfort, price, driveability. Both are stout, and both have a huge aftermarket.

I was thinking cobra. Granted I'm an LS1 guy, but I have found mustangs are easier to work with. Plus he would save 3k by not having to buy a new rear end. How about a gutted supra for 5k, then drop a chevy block in it :)

My plans have changed about 10 times in the last 10 minutes LOL! So what are your plans?

Or are you going secret squirrel with your setup :D

;) Just race me when summer comes..

Mach 1s are good, but they don't have forged internals. If he's going to want to push anywhere close to 500hp I would suggest the '03.

+1

though i wouldn't think you could find one for $15k, even with a private seller, they're holding value pretty well. you'll have to spend over $20k to find a decent '03 cobra--plain and simple.

+1

though i wouldn't think you could find one for $15k, even with a private seller, they're holding value pretty well. you'll have to spend over $20k to find a decent '03 cobra--plain and simple.

Not if you find a woman who is getting back at her recently divorced husband ;)