1200hp Supra vs cobra

thorne

That first race is exactly how I plan to beat Cavin.

Exactly. 600rwhp to the payment > 1200rwhp spinning and spinning and spinning. I'm honestly worried about the same thing; who cares about how much HP you make if all you can do with it is do sweet rolling burnouts?

Thorne, I don't think that video really does that Supra justice in terms of how "quick" is it. Instead, the in-car video of it versus that other Supra (that was filmed out in Arizona) is probably more reflective of how truly fast it is. Also, there's a video of it racing a Hornet, and that video also gives a good perspective on how quick the Supra moves out. (IIRC, there's footage at the end of the Hornet video of the Supra racing a boosted Civic or Integra or something - that is, a car that isn't super fast - and the Supra just annhilates it.)

Tires and weight distribution are the key. That is why my car is the real king.

Agree with first sentence and laughing at your second one.

I swear, the ego of Viper guys make the ego's of Supra and Corvette guys look modest.

I agree, I really hope I don't have too much wheelspin in my 400whp, 2000lb cobra, there's nearly even distribution, but either way, it aint much weight over the rearend anyways.

What kind of Cobra do you have than only weighs 2000lbs?!?

400whp in a 2000lbs car would be a lot of fun. :)

Exactly what I'm saying, all the haters don't understand the whole power to weight ratio side of things, they're all like, 400wheel......pussy. Just wait, I'm sure it'll surprise its fair share.

Exactly what I'm saying, all the haters don't understand the whole power to weight ratio side of things, they're all like, 400wheel......pussy. Just wait, I'm sure it'll surprise its fair share.

should be 1 fun ride for sure

Have you checked around on them....?

Just wondering because there was one a while back with similar weight (2,600) but around 650rwhp and it was having major traction problems. I believe there is a video of it running a 800rwhp Supra and getting owned over 150mph. Unless you are going with the Daytona Coupe, the vert had lots of aero trouble over 160mph.....

Exactly. 600rwhp to the payment > 1200rwhp spinning and spinning and spinning. I'm honestly worried about the same thing; who cares about how much HP you make if all you can do with it is do sweet rolling burnouts?

Thorne, I don't think that video really does that Supra justice in terms of how "quick" is it. Instead, the in-car video of it versus that other Supra (that was filmed out in Arizona) is probably more reflective of how truly fast it is. Also, there's a video of it racing a Hornet, and that video also gives a good perspective on how quick the Supra moves out. (IIRC, there's footage at the end of the Hornet video of the Supra racing a boosted Civic or Integra or something - that is, a car that isn't super fast - and the Supra just annhilates it.)

Actually the fun at the end of the Hornet video was JP's stock, auto trans, 198X Honda Accord.

Have you checked around on them....?

Just wondering because there was one a while back with similar weight (2,600) but around 650rwhp and it was having major traction problems. I believe there is a video of it running a 800rwhp Supra and getting owned over 150mph. Unless you are going with the Daytona Coupe, the vert had lots of aero trouble over 160mph.....

Yes, they are about as aerodynamic as a brick, I agree and know very well. I don't plan on going 150+, I'm fine with digs, or low low rolls, like 10, 20, etc rolls, and I think a 20-120 or 140 would be more than enough time to prove a car. I'm not building the fastest car out there, but it'll be fast enough for me and even though I've gone 150+ in cars, that's not what this car is about.

I wish I could afford the Coupe or even the GTM, 2100lbs, ls7, 0-60 in 3.1 seconds, that's hot, but not within my reach.