1200hp Supra vs cobra

thorne

Guest FastLX
I was curious how quick a 1200hp supra was. And oddly enough I found a NE Ohio Colt Boostin video. with some 180mph+ footage of him.

Is this cavins car?

http://videos.mustangvideos.net/recentvideos/5/215052a3-8700-403f-90b9-576933c026d0.htm

That video was filmed on a 40 degree night with small 275 DR's on cold tires. It is not representative of how that car would do in a real race. And it still hung with the 700hp notch spinning 2nd and 3rd and when it caught 4th even out of boost it put 5 cars on it in about 3 seconds.

LOL, because it's true, or because I misspelled pavement? (Or was that some kind of Freudian slip on my part?)
\

Because it's a true story lol. To be honest, I didn't even realize you misspelled pavement either haha.

Exactly what I'm saying, all the haters don't understand the whole power to weight ratio side of things, they're all like, 400wheel......pussy. Just wait, I'm sure it'll surprise its fair share.

I'm all about the power to weight ratio dealie ;)

Problem is, my car still won't be fast by any means.. but It'll certainly be quick.

Yes, they are about as aerodynamic as a brick, I agree and know very well. I don't plan on going 150+, I'm fine with digs, or low low rolls, like 10, 20, etc rolls, and I think a 20-120 or 140 would be more than enough time to prove a car. I'm not building the fastest car out there, but it'll be fast enough for me and even though I've gone 150+ in cars, that's not what this car is about.

I wish I could afford the Coupe or even the GTM, 2100lbs, ls7, 0-60 in 3.1 seconds, that's hot, but not within my reach.

Cool!

Post up some pics.... :cool:

Here's a few pictures of my winter project, there's been a TON of time spent on parts trips, researching online, and buying stuff, but my dad and I got it a roller tonight in a little over an hour.

The plan is to build it twice, once to get it all togther, see where I need to add mounts, etc, and develop/build my roll cage once everything in place, then tear it back apart and make it pretty. So just keep that in mind when viewing these pictures and also realize I HAVE NOT bought a kit, or anything related, even my frame was in like 10 different pieces with I tacked together, and with the help of Matt, aka Tinman, he's welded it and will be doing my cage in the next few weeks.

Onto the pics...

My frame in work

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t124/BAM614_Cobra/IMG_3044.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t124/BAM614_Cobra/IMG_3045.jpg

My body when it gets to that point, it was uber cheap, not my favorite color scheme, but when the entire thing, painted, in good shape, was about the same cost as the paint MATERIALS, i'll survive for awhile...

little blurry sorry

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t124/BAM614_Cobra/IMG_3047.jpg

Haters will hate, but anyone that has any grasp of what I'm doing will love it.

Guest Ponyfreak
Do you really think you 1100hp car is goin to hook on the street as well as a 500 hp car. I will take the 500hp car anyday...

I'd bet money my car hooks better than a 645/730ftlbs Vette any day. The things you don't know will lighten your wallet one day.

I'd bet money my car hooks better than a 645/730ftlbs Vette any day. The things you don't know will lighten your wallet one day.

I am sure I know more then you think so whenever your car is ready we can see who will out 60' who on the street whenever you want....

Actually the fun at the end of the Hornet video was JP's stock, auto trans, 198X Honda Accord.

Hey-I got the hit, and was at WOT!

To shed some light-Yes. The "Akron" video was Jamie's old Supra. We drove from his house, made several rounds about the highway, and drove back (45minutes each way). Also note-it was pretty chilly that night.

The Supra at this time was sporting a 3.0l, and a GT42, with a much smaller tire than what it has now, and in the Arizona videos. It was only making 950dyno jet WHP at the time of that video.

The new version of the Supra is making likely 300more Dyno jet WHP, has a MUCH larger tire, and making that power 800rpm earlier thanks to the 3.4 stroker.

Saying it is a different car is an understatement.

How about a cheap slut of an RX-7 will hook better than the both of you from 60? :cool:

I just picked up my cheap, old, used turbo. We can set up a date whenever the mythical beast of a Viper can venture up north.

:funny: I will race you from a dig anytime . But first you have to step away from the key board and bring that big beast out .

BAM that is a very, very nice project. The work looks immaculate.

Thanks man, I'm finally getting somewhere and it feels great. Wanna run this summer, I know you've got a healthy project yourself. :grin2: