Curious about Saturn maintenance

Guest FooFooMaru

Guest FooFooMaru

So i have to take my saturn into dealership for oil change and what not. They want to do:

-Power Steering Fluid Flush

-Brakes-bleed and flush

-Engine oil and slush crap flush

-install new computer powertrain control module

-balance and rotate tires

-change oil

I was curious if any of you are familiar with the Saturn North Dealership> I was speaking with a Jeff and sometimes I just wonder how Necessary some things are. I know the tires and oil change but when it comes to the others i'm unsure so if anyone could shed some light, it's appreciated. Thanks

Unless the car is 20-years old (which it isn't) or has 200k+ miles on it, I'd stick to the Oil change and maybe rotate/balance of the tires if the price is right. Unless the computer is under warranty or NEEDS it, why?

Maybe you got a raise and feel like throwing some money at the dealer, otherwise I would say HELL NO to most of that crap. Are you planning to mount cameras because $10 says they don't even do all of that stuff if you pay for it....

Guest FooFooMaru

106,xxx miles on it and no i don't have extra cash around for that stuff lol

the computer, they said just updates and stuff which to me sounds funny cause he listed things such as shift points and fuel economy but i just said uh huh yeah okay. But to me sounded like well....dumb

thanks for input so far though

being a former service writer for saturn southeast. those are all recommended upsell. that he will get a commission on minus the oil change, pmc update, and rotate/bal.

engine flush was recommended every 12k and gets $10 for everyone that is done

brake was every 30k IIRC gets $3 or $5 for everyone done

not sure about the p/s not sure it wasn't offered when I was there.

I'm a technician at Saturn West. All that stuff is just recommended maintenance, will your car be fine without it? Most likely.

If you ever need any work done to the car, let me know and I can hook you up.

engine flush was recommended every 12k and gets $10 for everyone that is done

brake was every 30k IIRC gets $3 or $5 for everyone done

not sure about the p/s not sure it wasn't offered when I was there.

Brake flush is every 36k miles.

Powersteering flush is pretty much useless, it could help if your P/S is making noise, but other than that we call it the walletflush. Rec. every 54k miles.

I'm at work right now on wi-fi. :cool:

Guest FooFooMaru
first link in my sig...we can do it cheaper

Yeah but after 4 oil changes or five, whatever...I get a free one. And they give free cookies (FRESHLY BAKED)) and free drinks,,,, and free couches....free mags to read.....free air to breathe......free smiles.....free high fives........and free lives..........AND i can collect 200 when I pass go!!!!

Can you Step up to That level?!!?! lol

-i'll look over the site, thx-