Tips on going to Europe.

ohio_wookie

Ok, so in April I might be going to the UK. We were thinking about starting in Amsterdam and then working our way to Bristol, our final destination. Anyway I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions as far as places to stay, and would renting a car be worth or should we go by train.

if you have any questions, feel free to ask. i lived in europe for 13 years (england and italy) so should be able to help you out.

amsterdam... if youre into that, go there!!! it will quite possibly be the craziest experience of your life. if you want to have fun, but see more of europe, here is what i would recommend. fly into rome. stay there for a few days at least. there is an amazing nightlife, and so much to see. lots of great bars. from there, take the train (i think its like $40-50) up to milan. stay there for a day or two. theres some nice stuff to see, but not as much as rome. from there, either fly to england, or go through spain if you have time. spain is a lot of fun also. its more of a classy nightlife imo. go to a late dinner, then walk around and find nice clubs/bars.

you can sae money by not renting a car. if youre staying in cities, you wouldnt want a car anyways. public transportation is more than adequate. in england you might want to though... just dont forget to stay on the left side.

avoid hostels

Bad advice

There are plenty of hostels that are more than safe and clean. Just do your research on them before you go if you plan to stay in a hostel. I was only in Bristol for about 4 hours so I don't really know much about the area, but the airport is really small... small as in, you have to climb stairs to get onto any airplane there